5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

While installing my radar detector, I fixed my non-functioning adaptive cruise control

TxGeorge

Reaction score
When I bought my truck 3 weeks ago, the ACC was not working and there was an annoying error message in the display. While I was doing the paperwork, the shop was trying to fix the problem. They were unable to fix it at the time, and I was told to make an appointment to bring it back in to have the sensor replaced. Okay, no biggie. While I had the mirror apart to install my radar detector on Saturday I noticed the camera unit seemed to be aimed awfully high. There is an adjustment screw, and I backed it out until it looked better aligned and put it all back together. I still had the error message while driving it that night, but when I started it up this morning, everything worked perfectly :). The dealer did mention that it would have to be driven 30 or so miles for the system to reset. All in all, it was a super easy 10 minute fix. Why the hell the dealership was unable to do that, I have no idea. It was awfully nice to have the auto high beams working and to never have to touch the brake or gas on my way in this morning!
This is the only thread talking about solve the front radar problem!

Mine pop out the msg aske me to clean the front window.

My once had a escalade with radar too, when replace the windshield they took it off and disconnect it, then that part was damaged and cannot be reused!
Cost me almost $2K to order OEM glass and radar.

mynameisante

Reaction score
The RADAR sensor in question is the finned box with the whitish connector plugged into it. The screw is at the very top below the windshield mounting bolt.

View attachment 78358
Is this the same sensor that is connected to the forward collision warning? Asking because my fwc light came on and I have no idea where to find the sensor to clean it. Some googling sent me to the lower portion of the grill, tucked away somewhere. And i cant find any info here. Hopefully this is step one and will fix the issue

Users who are viewing this thread