5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which window tint brand to use and which ones to stay away from?

JeremyFOwens

Reaction score
I have a guy offering to do 20% all around with Flexfilm Panaflex but I saw that film perform poorly on Youtube even compared to it's counterpart Nanoflex and the 3M Cyrstaline. Just got another quote for $190 for Solargard brand.. what brands should I avoid no matter how cheap and what brands are the best brands?

Last edited:

JeremyFOwens

Reaction score
"We stand behind our film and work as long as you own your vehicle. I use johnson and solarfx both great films. I dont use ceramic it is waste money on cars. I use high quality film does not fade turn purple or bubble has higher heat rejection than ceramic takes all uva uvb rays out also.
Tint whole truck no windshield 150$ taxes included if want sunstrip on windshield its 15$ extra whole windshield is 75$ extra"

Quote from another installer. Not sure about ceramic vs non ceramic.

goDawgs65

Reaction score
Llumar is top quality. They have several grades of tint to match your budget... JMO. Not to say there aren't any more choices, Don't scrimp on tint!

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score
I’m using the 3m crystaline, I have had mine for a week and big difference. I’m going to do the windshield. I think that will a huge difference

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have llumar... probably getting a madico or xpel on my pano soon as my llumar guy wouldn’t do my roof

JeremyFOwens

Reaction score
Llumar is top quality. They have several grades of tint to match your budget... JMO. Not to say there aren't any more choices, Don't scrimp on tint!
Not trying to scrimp. Just want to make sure I get the best available to me.

JeremyFOwens

Reaction score
does everyone still suggest ceramic unlike the person that quoted me and said ceramic is a waste. What level Ilumar does everyone suggest?

STR

Reaction score
Llumar... The factory rears are already close to 20%. Get the front windows at 20% and you’re done for around $100. I’ve done this for years on many trucks and SUVs, and you could never tell the difference. Of course this is not feasible if you want it darker...

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Here's a vote for 3M. I have had numerous vehicles tinted over the years and used Suntek and Llumar before both with good results. This truck I got it stuck in my head I wanted 3M. Crystaline on windshield and pano roof and 3M Color stable on the side windows. Had it 2 weeks or so and very happy with it. Maybe its in my head since I paid way more for the 3M than I have in the past for other brands, but I feel like it looks better and performs better than any other tint ive had in the past.

JeremyFOwens

Reaction score
Annotation 2020-05-27 144418.png

These are the Businesses I have around me. I was told that at 20% going ceramic doesn't make much of a difference if I use a metallic film.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I dont think you want to use a metallic film. Im under the impression that is an old technology and it could interfere with radio/gps/TPMS signals. Great for heat reduction, but not at the sacrifice of signals necessary to function. Plus I think they are way too shiny and almost a blueish/silverish look like a mirror.

Dyed tint is the cheapest and mostly looks more than heat reduction.

Carbon and Ceramic are the two I think you see most often these days.

I think some makers offer hybrids of the above as well.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a vote for 3M. I have had numerous vehicles tinted over the years and used Suntek and Llumar before both with good results. This truck I got it stuck in my head I wanted 3M. Crystaline on windshield and pano roof and 3M Color stable on the side windows. Had it 2 weeks or so and very happy with it. Maybe its in my head since I paid way more for the 3M than I have in the past for other brands, but I feel like it looks better and performs better than any other tint ive had in the past.

Exactly what I have on mine minus the pano as I don’t have it. 70% Crystaline on windshield and 20% color stable on windows and couldn’t be happier.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've used LLumar on all of our vehicles. The oldest in the fleet being my 2013 Mazda 3. It's had the tint on it for right at 5 yrs. Still looks perfect. No bubbles, scratches, or any other defects. I always get ceramic. In fact I got my truck done yesterday. Fronts and a windshield strip for $150. Always comes with a lifetime warranty. Highly recommended.

I went 15% fronts.

7BD117E4-5DA8-425C-A6DE-4DF803EB7EC4.jpeg

Ktfireman

Reaction score
I've used LLumar on all of our vehicles. The oldest in the fleet being my 2013 Mazda 3. It's had the tint on it for right at 5 yrs. Still looks perfect. No bubbles, scratches, or any other defects. I always get ceramic. In fact I got my truck done yesterday. Fronts and a windshield strip for $150. Always comes with a lifetime warranty. Highly recommended.

I went 15% fronts.

View attachment 57340
Do you know what shade llumar this is exactly? Just got mine done and it definitely doesn’t match

obrien

Reaction score
Great thread as I am going to do it next Saturday and it is going to be first car I ever get tint on.

My plan is to go 35% all 4 side windows, which would make rear sides~5% as they are already smoked (At least that is my theory) And then I will do the rear to 5%. . My main goal is heat and UV exposure reduction (Texas...) and privacy / look is secondary and I want to keep it legal.

I am thinking about LLumar CTX (ceramic)

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently did my windows with 15% Llumar on the sides and rear. The rear windows are nice and dark now and the fronts look similar, even though they aren't double tinted. I called multiple shops and asked about the 3M film and multiple shops said they are replacing 1 and 2 year old 3M tint, so I was told to stick with my original plan for Llumar.

Users who are viewing this thread