5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which UCA's to upgrade to

Smitty1227

Reaction score
I'm leveling my '20 limited without ORG with the Revel Performance Basic Package (Leveling spacers for the front, and revel links for front and rear), and I wanted to do some research before jumping the gun on the provided UCAs on revels website. Does anyone recommend any particular UCAs? I've heard that potential there is an mopar upper control arm that could be an option? If so, Id love if someone could share a part number or any experience with it. TIA!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Mopar upper control arms from the lift kit are:

68323530AA: Left
68323531AA: Right

I have no experience with these, but I plan to install them with Eibach coilovers

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People complain about the OEM having plastic molded to metal, but those look the same from the google search. Look at Mevotech TTX HD arms as well.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I looked at Mevotech TTX but couldn't find anything on their site that indicated if they would work with a lift or if the ball joint had increased travel over OEM

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Mopar upper control arms from the lift kit are:

68323530AA: Left
68323531AA: Right

I have no experience with these, but I plan to install them with Eibach coilovers
I’ve had them on for a few thousand miles now. No issues so far. When I installed them, I compared them to the stocks and they had a different ball joint in terms of more range of motion for the lifted application. Otherwise, they were identical. It was a value purchase for me as I don’t do any hardcore off roading.
~$130 out the door for both of them.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I used the Tough Country UCA's for a small lift ant they have been great. Almost 2 years on them without issue so far.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I’ve had them on for a few thousand miles now. No issues so far. When I installed them, I compared them to the stocks and they had a different ball joint in terms of more range of motion for the lifted application. Otherwise, they were identical. It was a value purchase for me as I don’t do any hardcore off roading.
~$130 out the door for both of them.
One of the older control arm threads had a picture showing the difference in angle. Be nice to just change the ball joint but that doesn't seem to be an option

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of the older control arm threads had a picture showing the difference in angle. Be nice to just change the ball joint but that doesn't seem to be an option
I do remember seeing that thread as well. Probably what sold me on trying the Mopars. I figure by the time the ball joint goes, it will be time to upgrade to the 3.5” lift anyway. Lol.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do remember seeing that thread as well. Probably what sold me on trying the Mopars. I figure by the time the ball joint goes, it will be time to upgrade to the 3.5” lift anyway. Lol.
correct me if im wrong but those UCA's listed with part #'s are for non air ride?

now ive seen a thread for lifted limiteds and one of the members bought aftermarket ucas and drilled/installed the mounting surface or (ball) to the new ucas to accept the links.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
correct me if im wrong but those UCA's listed with part #'s are for non air ride?

now ive seen a thread for lifted limiteds and one of the members bought aftermarket ucas and drilled/installed the mounting surface or (ball) to the new ucas to accept the links.
I do not have air ride so these UCA’s are specific for MY ‘22 coil suspension. I do not know if the control arms are different for air ride suspension.

Scram1500

Reaction score
From reading the old uca threads it sounded like air ride trucks have the extra travel control arm already, but couldn't say for sure. What's odd is my non air ride truck built in mid 2019 has the ball stud

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Majority of time with using lifted struts you're good. The bigger issue comes with spacer level/lifts.
Either way you are increasing the angles the UCA's have to articulate. Either is ok if you can get a good alignment. If you can't then both are bad and need to be corrected with UCA's that can handle the articulation. If not the ball joints have no alternative but to fail.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Either way you are increasing the angles the UCA's have to articulate. Either is ok if you can get a good alignment. If you can't then both are bad and need to be corrected with UCA's that can handle the articulation. If not the ball joints have no alternative but to fail.
I understand angles, but thanks for the explanation 😁

Ramercy

Reaction score
I'm leveling my '20 limited without ORG with the Revel Performance Basic Package (Leveling spacers for the front, and revel links for front and rear), and I wanted to do some research before jumping the gun on the provided UCAs on revels website. Does anyone recommend any particular UCAs? I've heard that potential there is an mopar upper control arm that could be an option? If so, Id love if someone could share a part number or any experience with it. TIA!
Smitty1227, did you go with Revel? I just received my '24 Laramie with air suspension and was considering Revel's Performance Package.

Smitty1227

Reaction score
Smitty1227, did you go with Revel? I just received my '24 Laramie with air suspension and was considering Revel's Performance Package.
I went with the Revel Basic lift, and my plan is to purchase UCA's separate, but I'm just trying to figure out the best option that won't break the bank.

rideexileex

Reaction score
The internet always make it sound as if a few degrees of misalignment, the UCA is going to explode and all passengers will "expire". Without the ORG, if you lift the front end, it's only a +1" difference over a stock ORG. If you're only going to be cruising around, you'll be fine, as you'll only find the limits if frequently articulating the suspension offroad. Keep it stock for now, then upgrade the UCAs someday when the ball joints actually wear out.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
The internet always make it sound as if a few degrees of misalignment, the UCA is going to explode and all passengers will "expire". Without the ORG, if you lift the front end, it's only a +1" difference over a stock ORG. If you're only going to be cruising around, you'll be fine, as you'll only find the limits if frequently articulating the suspension offroad. Keep it stock for now, then upgrade the UCAs someday when the ball joints actually wear out.
I know it is a different lift, but after my Motofab puck lift was installed, The shop was unable to complete an alignment properly. No matter what they did they could not get the camber within acceptable range. The problem was with the stock UCA's. I replaced them with the Rough Country UCA's, had them try the alignment again, and BINGO. Everything has been great since.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know it is a different lift, but after my Motofab puck lift was installed, The shop was unable to complete an alignment properly. No matter what they did they could not get the camber within acceptable range. The problem was with the stock UCA's. I replaced them with the Rough Country UCA's, had them try the alignment again, and BINGO. Everything has been great since.
Yup.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s a no brainer with how cheap the ORG arms are brand new.. why risk cv axle/alignment issues..

Now if you were going bigger with the lift or wanted beefier control arms then I would ask what exactly you wanted to achieve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/