5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which tires to go with

Jbjorne

Reaction score
Putting a 2" front leveling kit on my 2019 Larime 1500 with 22's. Trying to decide between a 33" a 285 or 295/55 or a 35." I don't want rub if it's possible but I also dont want to look like a clown truck with tiny tires.

Also, which tires do you run? I was set on Nitto Ridge Grapplers, but have heard they are terrible in water and snow (I live in Minnesota). Thought about BFG's, Mickey Thompson, Toyo? The look of the Nitto is awesome but that is also secondary to traction and road noise. I drive about 30k miles per year and I understand I won't have the same quiet ride my touring tires have, but would be nice to have some what of a bearable drive. Thanks for the help!

cervelo15

Reaction score
Putting a 2" front leveling kit on my 2019 Larime 1500 with 22's. Trying to decide between a 33" a 285 or 295/55 or a 35." I don't want rub if it's possible but I also dont want to look like a clown truck with tiny tires.

Also, which tires do you run? I was set on Nitto Ridge Grapplers, but have heard they are terrible in water and snow (I live in Minnesota). Thought about BFG's, Mickey Thompson, Toyo? The look of the Nitto is awesome but that is also secondary to traction and road noise. I drive about 30k miles per year and I understand I won't have the same quiet ride my touring tires have, but would be nice to have some what of a bearable drive. Thanks for the help!
Put 285/65/20 on mine with Mopar 2” level. Just had tires put on stock bighorn wheels and zero rub:
1D876F0F-9A87-4832-9E93-59801FC206E3.jpeg 34213D43-12A7-4C07-93AA-E7D6823728CC.jpeg

I will say, for an off road tire, these ride really nice. Others we’re saying an LT tire will really change the ride, but I didn’t notice much of a change. If anything, it’s a more solid ride because of the beefier tire. I ride bikes a lot, so I’m used to a firmer, grippier ride.

Attachments

• C4909CE1-AD14-4288-BD6E-53292449208B.jpeg
    C4909CE1-AD14-4288-BD6E-53292449208B.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 59

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Continental Terrain Contacts. Excellent tire. Great in rain and snow. Quiet on the highway. Lightly aggressive looking shoulder and square profile. I've put them on my last two Rams.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211118-203206_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-203206_One UI Home.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 62

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Continental Terrain Contacts. Excellent tire. Great in rain and snow. Quiet on the highway. Lightly aggressive looking shoulder and square profile. I've put them on my last two Rams.
Do you have a side view pic of the whole truck?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We certainly aren't as cold as Minnesota in the winter but I believe we get more snowfall in North Idaho. I've been running Ridge Grapplers for the last 7 years in all kinds of weather and I think they work very well. Ridge Grapplers are a great jack-of-all-trades tire...they aren't perfect, but they're pretty good everywhere. It's got to be one of the most popular Hybrid/AT tires on the market and IMO if it sucked you wouldn't see so many of them.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Put 285/65/20 on mine with Mopar 2” level. Just had tires put on stock bighorn wheels and zero rub:
View attachment 110250 View attachment 110252

I will say, for an off road tire, these ride really nice. Others we’re saying an LT tire will really change the ride, but I didn’t notice much of a change. If anything, it’s a more solid ride because of the beefier tire. I ride bikes a lot, so I’m used to a firmer, grippier ride.
I was under the impression Mopar only offered a 2" lift and not a 2" level. I just asked the service manager if they had a Mopar leveling kit this morning as I had an oil change, and he stated they only offered the 2" lift. If you could share any additional information or a part number, it would be appreciated!

ram2020fb

Reaction score
I've run Toyo Open Country AT2s for years and will be getting the AT3s on Thursday on my newest 1500. From my experience, I get the best wear and ride from Toyos vs all other brands. Some people will say that the Ridge Grapplers and the AT3 or the Terra Grappler G2 and AT2 are the same tires. They're not for me. The Toyos just ride better period. I've had BFG KO2s as well and didn't like them.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I was under the impression Mopar only offered a 2" lift and not a 2" level. I just asked the service manager if they had a Mopar leveling kit this morning as I had an oil change, and he stated they only offered the 2" lift. If you could share any additional information or a part number, it would be appreciated!
You are correct, there is no such thing as a Mopar 2” level, only a full 2” Mopar lift kit. I have the Mopar 2” kit P/N 77072424AC. I think I saw there is an updated kit of recent, P/N 77072424AD.

I say this was a ‘level’ install for me because if you install all the parts from the Mopar kit, your still gonna have a ton of rake. Just take a look at the rake in your truck now, the Mopar lift will retain that, it will just sit 2” higher.

So what I did was install the Fox shocks all around and used the Mopar UCAs that came with the kit. I did not install any of the rear spacers. Now it sits perfectly level, the way I want it. And the Fox shocks work perfectly fine in the rear Without the spacers.

I do plan to put helper springs on the rear to combat any droop from towing/hauling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online