5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which search engine for find specific Ram truck.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Built a few Rams using the Ram web site and at the end used their search engine and they never come close to matching my requirements.
My list contains about 3 must have items.
Have you found a better search engine to find a Ram truck with specific colors and features?

bronco44

Reaction score
Last I checked, the 2023 Build and Price then "Search Inventory" button does not work as intended. If you do the same thing for 2022s, it will match them.

FWIW, before I ordered, I built a 2022 with way less features than I wanted, then did search inventory. Expanded it to the 250 mile radius and picked random zip codes all the way up and down the east coast. I found 1 truck that matched but in a color I didn't want. If you want a truck that 100% matches your build, you will have to custom order like Darksteel suggested.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
You almost always get a better deal doing a custom order also.

Interesting....
Don't you miss out on deals a specific dealer may have going on?
Maybe its the end of the month and the dealler is willing to discount a truck more than normal to meet a quota?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting....
Maybe its the end of the month and the dealler is willing to discount a truck more than normal to meet a quota?
Depends on what you are willing to compromise on

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Interesting....
It all depends.

My trucks MSRP was 81k but I got it for 64k after discounts and rebates.
Do you think you will get that discount off a truck on the lot near you?

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I found that Cars.com works very well.
The filtering system gives excellent options and you can make it search up to 500 miles radius of a zip code.
One neat aspect is if a vehicle is selected, it provides a graph of the price history.
A click of the embedded link takes you to the vehicle on the dealers web site.
If the vehicle no longer exists (which isn't very often) it brings up the dealer's web site or else it opens to that vehicle on the web page.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Built a few Rams using the Ram web site and at the end used their search engine and they never come close to matching my requirements.
My list contains about 3 must have items.
Have you found a better search engine to find a Ram truck with specific colors and features?
I use autotrader, it’s worked for me several times. I drove 1004 miles each way for a 19 ram. Saved me over $5000 over any dealer near me and I got what I wanted. Also in 2015 bought a new Chevy 500 miles away. The salesman drove to my house on a Sunday, delivered it, we did the paper work at my kitchen table over some fried walleye and a beer. The salesman drove my trade back the 500 miles and was back to work Monday morning. Again I got what I wanted, saved $. I did custom build my 21 ram and that was easy too. (It was a replacement truck for my 19 lemon). Good luck in whatever you decide, do some research, be patient, get what you want, try to get the best deal and enjoy your new truck👍🏻

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I use autotrader, it’s worked for me several times. I drove 1004 miles each way for a 19 ram. Saved me over $5000 over any dealer near me and I got what I wanted. Also in 2015 bought a new Chevy 500 miles away. The salesman drove to my house on a Sunday, delivered it, we did the paper work at my kitchen table over some fried walleye and a beer. The salesman drove my trade back the 500 miles and was back to work Monday morning. Again I got what I wanted, saved $. I did custom build my 21 ram and that was easy too. (It was a replacement truck for my 19 lemon). Good luck in whatever you decide, do some research, be patient, get what you want, try to get the best deal and enjoy your new truck👍🏻
Where do you live?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have been saying that about the Ram website forever. You should be able to not only search by an item you want, but eliminate what you don't want. My personal choice, I hate night editions, and black wheels in general. I also get physically ill from diesel fumes. As soon as I would search something like ramboxes, the first 100 on the list, would have one or the other. ( Michigan. Metro Detroit has dozens of dealers and a couple dealers around here stock 200+ trucks.)

Users who are viewing this thread