5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Powertrain Do You Prefer?

Which Powertrain Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I voted 3.0 assuming my 3rd Gen does better than my previous 2nd Gen Ecodiesels. When they run, there is nothing better but when they grenade…and it is a bonus not having MDS.

My favorite will always be the humble yet quite capable 318.

Last edited:

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Depends... All around, I'd prefer 5.7 without ET for daily driving if I have to pick just one. For towing, I might want the ED, and if I was just booting around in town getting groceries I might want the 3.6.

I might prefer to drive the ED over the 5.7 most of the time, except when I want a lively drive. However I'd much rather own the 5.7 all the time.

Decisions decisions. I picked 5.7 and have no regrets (hemi tick aside), combined with the 3.21 and 8 speed its a great powertrain with the most power and "life". Best to own, great to drive.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I shied away from the eTporque because it was new and unproven when I bought my truck. It seems to be relatively troublefree, so it looks like I guessed wrong. If I had to do it over today, I;d get the eTorque for sure. I hate watching my mpg drop at lights.

Reverse

Reaction score
I like the etorque and would get it again, even it was only for the smooth start/stop. What I probably would not get again is the 3.92 rear end. It makes truck feel quick, but sucks more fuel.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would I -like- 700+ horsepower and 700+ lb-ft of torque? Yep...but I am ecstatic with the performance of my ecoDiesel.

It's insane that I get over 30 (32-33) mpg at 70mph with a truck. That can haul what this can.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Would I -like- 700+ horsepower and 700+ lb-ft of torque? Yep...but I am ecstatic with the performance of my ecoDiesel.

It's insane that I get over 30 (32-33) mpg at 70mph with a truck. That can haul what this can.
Whole-heartedly agree.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the Hemi and liked it, but I prefer my ED more. I do 95% highway driving and the ED just chugs along getting 30+ MPG which is sweet. 33 gallon tank makes for some serious range as well.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread