5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which online tire buying outlet has the most hassle free return policy?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tire buyer is offering 15% off right now with the code summer15, which knocks $213 off a set of 4 Michelin Defender LTX MS. Looking to use my PayPal since it’s 0% for any purchases paid off in 6 months - been a real easy way for me to improve credit the last couple years. Read some reviews & although most were positive, some also received factory defects that wouldn’t balance correctly & said the return policy has been a nightmare. Been thinking of trying a price match through another retailer who has more of a hassle free return policy in that event. Anyone else have experience or feedback with other tire vendors in a return situation? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• B1FEE6F9-42B7-41CD-AA08-5D802D965FCF.jpeg
    B1FEE6F9-42B7-41CD-AA08-5D802D965FCF.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 19

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried your local discount tire? I know you said online retailer but I’ve been success in the past in ordering in person and having them match online retailers prices and avoids issues if you happen to get defective tires / warranty issues down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks fellas! That is very helpful info.I will look around to see which ones are nearby. A few shops will also send a PayPal link for payment (just not the ones I’ve contacted yet), so hopefully they are one of those shops. Not a huge deal breaker, just my preferred method of payment considering outside circumstances.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you have access to a tire machine, or "know a guy" who will mount and balance your tires for free, it's always cheaper in the long run to buy from a brick and mortar store, who usually include mount and balance into new tire purchases. At least that has been my experience. By the time you get tires mounted and balanced, any money saved buying online is cancelled out

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you don’t physically have a PayPal credit card ?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep I use to be that guy ordering them online through either eBay, simply tires, or Amazon having them shipped to my house then paying to have them mounted and balanced. Then paying every time they needed to be rebalanced and 9/10 pep boys “tech” could never get them balanced right. Then Discounts started popping up in the area and I never looked back. The many of been too in several states they seem to have a higher level of quality and keep an eye on the younger techs that’s doing the work. Oh and they’ll rebalance them for free for the life of the tire or at least they use to.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 sets of tires on Discount Tires Labor Day sale. Saved $460 on them…. Been tracking prices a long time too so I know they didn’t just mark them up in order to have a sale. Compared to tire rack, Amazon and some local shops that I normally went to before I got my last set from DT. Been going there a while now for rotations, service is top notch.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep I use to be that guy ordering them online through either eBay, simply tires, or Amazon having them shipped to my house then paying to have them mounted and balanced. Then paying every time they needed to be rebalanced and 9/10 pep boys “tech” could never get them balanced right. Then Discounts started popping up in the area and I never looked back. The many of been too in several states they seem to have a higher level of quality and keep an eye on the younger techs that’s doing the work. Oh and they’ll rebalance them for free for the life of the tire or at least they use to.

Yeah they still do lifetime balance if you buy and mount them from a DT store.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know why my notifications suddenly turned off on this thread.

Discount Tire just started opening locations within this past year around me (surrounding St Louis MO area). I’m grateful for the recommendations. They really impressed me compared to a lot of other shops I’ve used around here in the past. I got fed up a while back & started ordering sets of tires online for my Jeep. I wish I would’ve known DT were also Vossen retailers before I purchased elsewhere!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you don’t physically have a PayPal credit card ?

No, not a physical card just a line of credit. I’ve improved my score quite a bit the past few years & didn’t want to open up a new line with a physical card even though the process may have been easier.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you have access to a tire machine, or "know a guy" who will mount and balance your tires for free, it's always cheaper in the long run to buy from a brick and mortar store, who usually include mount and balance into new tire purchases. At least that has been my experience. By the time you get tires mounted and balanced, any money saved buying online is cancelled out

You’re right, it was even cheaper to buy the tires from a specific DT local shop & have the work done than to just buy them from the DT warehouse & have them shipped to me. Plus I got to see what they’re all about. I too, won’t be looking back & they will be my first point of contact for my yearly sets. 😄

troymi

Reaction score
FWIW: discounttiredirect.com is the online store for all Discount Tire stores. Order online/call them and they price match, offer military discount, and ship free to your house. Or better yet, they ship direct to your local DT store and you can drive in and get it done. Pretty great service from them over the years in multiple locations.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Isn't Discount Tire a site sponsor? I've ordered my last couple sets through a forum (different forum) rep and got really good pricing. They just ship my tires to the store of my choice and then they call when ready to set up an appointment.

I've been using them for about 20 years. Long before they had stores in the area. My first experience with them, they sent the wrong lug nuts. The hex was too big, so I had to use a larger socket, and scratched a wheel. I called them and there was a new wheel/tire with the correct lugs on my porch when I got home from work the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread