5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is the preferred bypass cable

MLB12

Reaction score
Now that I've gotten a quick education from various members on the use of the OBD port and companion software to make changes, or additions, to the truck's infrastructure, is there a consensus on who has the best bypass cable? I'm not worried about cost as much as I am about the overall compatibility with the trucks, but also the simplicity of use.

I look forward to everyone's thoughts.

Jzales84

Reaction score
I think they all pretty much work the same way. You plug two plugs into your security gateway module and then plug your programmer into that cable. I just bought the Autel FCA 12+8 Universal Adapter Cable off Amazon for $25 shipped and a $12 elm327 knockoff obd adapter and it all works fine with Alfobd.

MLB12

Reaction score
I think they all pretty much work the same way. You plug two plugs into your security gateway module and then plug your programmer into that cable. I just bought the Autel FCA 12+8 Universal Adapter Cable off Amazon for $25 shipped and a $12 elm327 knockoff obd adapter and it all works fine with Alfobd.

Thanks very much for the input, it is appreciated. I'll look into the Autel cable this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread