5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Fumoto?

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
It looks like I will continue doing my own services, I did the last one, and was going to order a Fumoto to put on when I do the next one. Does the F106sx position adjustable, make better sense than the straight F106 if I'm not goin to use a tube? I'll be on my back in the driveway and letting it drain straight into the pan will be easier than trying to get a tube attached.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure if you are aware of this. I have it on many vehicles and very happy.
Another option:

John Jensen

Reaction score
I have a Fumoto w/Nipple .
Putting a piece of tubbing on/off the nipple to drain into an old outboard motor fuel tank is easy peasy

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Another option:
Do they drain faster than the Fumoto?
Tom

NCLife

Reaction score
Can't answer, only use ValvoMax. No issue on my part, would tend to think they are comparable.
How far is the ValvoMax from the sway bar? It looked too close for me, I wanted to order it.

Jako

Reaction score
How far is the ValvoMax from the sway bar? It looked too close for me, I wanted to order it.
Truck isn't with me right now and the oil was changed in the fall so can't give you an answer at the moment but I have no issues. The company is great to deal with. The inventor of Valvo Max did not like the Fumoto, thought there could be something better and came up with his own. He is looking to expand into more things oil related. If you go to his web site he has paper funnels for adding oil and some other things. Good if you need to add oil and you don't want to carry a funnel around in your car along with some potential mess. Even with a good arm span our Rams are a reach when adding oil, you can keep one in your glove compartment. The owner is a vet and his products are made in America, two strong points with me.

I think I have them on 5 vehicles and like them very much, never liked dumping the oil into a pan and than into a container to get dumped at my local gas station. I'm still working on trying to come up with something better than the 2 gallon bags oil filter removal process but so far that appears to be the cheapest and easiest. It is tight getting the oil filter out on a 4X4 Ram.

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
Another option:
I've looked at those and there seems to still be some screwing and unscrewing involved. Considering I will be on my back in the middle of my driveway, I think the Fumoto is the way for me.

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
I also have the ValvoMax and I love the simplicity of draining the oil straight into a container with no mess. It sometimes gets a little windy here in SA and the old method made a mess on my driveway on my first oil change. F2620979-0D72-421F-A69E-A2763052C520.jpeg

Rupp

Reaction score
Now to figure out a way to prevent the dang filter from making such a mess. This RAM is the worst vehicle I've ever changed oil on. I'm going to start doing the hole in filter with a funnel option so I can at least direct the explosion of oil from that filter.

Dewey

Reaction score
Now to figure out a way to prevent the dang filter from making such a mess. This RAM is the worst vehicle I've ever changed oil on. I'm going to start doing the hole in filter with a funnel option so I can at least direct the explosion of oil from that filter.
I tried the larger Oil Udder for the first time and it worked great. Attached a hose to the end and ran into a pan. Not a drop lost anywhere but where it should go.

Last edited:

Rupp

Reaction score
I tried the larger Oil Udder for the first time and it worked great. Attached a hose to the end and ran into a pan. Not a drop lost anywhere but where it should go.

Did you use the XL or the XXL version of the Oil Udder?

Dewey

Reaction score
Did you use the XL or the XXL version of the Oil Udder?
XL is for a filter up to 4”. Plenty big for the Hemi filter. I liked the extra space for oil containment. The XXL might be a bit big to squeeze in the small filter area. The XL is tight but work just fine. Flexible enough to bend the bottom spout a bit to fit around the frame.

Think I read some use the 2.75” version. It would work but I played it safe with more space around the filter for when it drains down the side after loosening. Too tight to the edge and oil running down everywhere else making a mess.

Last edited:

Rupp

Reaction score
XL is for a filter up to 4”. Plenty big for the Hemi filter. I liked the extra space for oil containment. The XXL might be a bit big to squeeze in the small filter area. The XL is tight but work just fine. Flexible enough to bend the bottom spout a bit to fit around the frame.

Think I read some use the 2.75” version. It would work but I played it safe with more space around the filter for when it drains down the side after loosening. Too tight to the edge and oil running down everywhere else making a mess.
Thanks for the info. I just ordered one of these.

John Jensen

Reaction score
The OP has an Eco which has the easiest, no mess oil filter change of any vehicle I've ever owned.

Users who are viewing this thread