5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

which Front Cv Shaft should I buy? I can’t decide who bought it and installed it themselves?

Asatalabana

Reaction score
Hi all!
I want to change Front Cv Shaft by myself, on my 2020 Ram 1500
Laramie Longhorn Crew CabDoor
5.7L V8 GAS. and if you buy OEM, it will cost 450 dollars apiece, but there are substitutes, and those that cost 150 dollars a pair do not inspire confidence, I settled on the most extreme option (after which you can buy OEM) this is Auto Parts Maverick, They have a store on Ebay, the price for a pair will be 310 dollars, but I’m more interested in, maybe someone installed the Front Cv Shaft themselves and can recommend a non-OEM good quality one?

I have the Trakmotiv CV axles for my truck. Will be installing them when I get truck back from dealer for replacing the passenger side CV axle under warranty

I have the Trakmotiv CV axles for my truck. Will be installing them when I get truck back from dealer for replacing the passenger side CV axle under warranty
how did you come to this brand? Based on someone’s reviews or have you ever used their spare parts yourself?

how did you come to this brand? Based on someone’s reviews or have you ever used their spare parts yourself?
They are the only ones who make extended travel CV axles for our trucks with lift kits. Plus they are a lot beefier axle.

Order of Rock auto for best price

How long did your original axles last with the lift?
I don’t know if I have the original one or whether it has already been replaced, since I bought the car with 85,000 miles, but now it looks tired, a simple swing of the hand and a very large play

Users who are viewing this thread

Back