5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Door Speaker to Change First?

TangoTango

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m switching out the speakers in my truck in phases because money. I switched out the 3 dash speakers and bought a pair of 6x9’s to replace two of the door speakers. Should I do the front doors or rear door first? Next door speaker set will be a few months down the road. TIA

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
What did you get for the door speakers?
Do you have 6 speakers system or Alpine/HK?
If 6 speakers, I'd start with the front.
Alpine/HK, I'd start with the rear because the rear does full range and the front are low range only.

TangoTango

Reaction score
I have the alpine system. Got infinity reference (REF-9632ix) 6x9s. I think I’ll be starting with the rear, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have the alpine system. Got infinity reference (REF-9632ix) 6x9s. I think I’ll be starting with the rear, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The front gave me more bass but the rear gave me what I was looking for. I was looking for big sound to come from the rear, which was lacking with OEM Alpine speakers. I don't know if you noticed, but for me, I only heard the front dash speakers.
Having dedicated tweeters in the rear door speakers made a huge difference and added so many sounds that were missing from the cardboard Alpine speakers...
The system was not complete without the fronts... but i rather have the rear speakers and not the fronts upgraded.

Users who are viewing this thread