5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which dealer for warranty service?

Klute

Reaction score
Before I purchased I shopped 3 local (all within 20 minutes of my house) RAM dealers and ended up buying at a dealer about 45 minutes away. I didn't buy from the local dealers for various reasons (selection of stock, obnoxious salespeople, etc) but was referred by a co-worker to the dealer I did buy from. Now, I have a dealer 5 minutes from the house (another 5 minutes from work), I purchased my last 2011 RAM from them and used them for service and will probably go there for the airbag recall. Not sure what reception (if any) I will get from them. I imagine the service dept does not really care. Just curious what other folks have done.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Service doesn't care...they get paid, regardless of where you bought it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tundralag

Reaction score
That's true... I tried very hard to buy my ram at the local dealers.. they could not or would not touch the deal I got.. The sales manager and salesman were pretty pissed when I showed up for warranty chrome piece on my door.. but I was nice and said that I had bought 3 rams from you in the past.. I gave you every opportunity to match the deal I had, as a customer I am happy to bring my truck for service and warranty work, and in 2-3 years when I trade I will give you another shot at getting my business.. No hard feelings... but I am not going to give a dealer an extra 10k because I like them...

Klute

Reaction score
That's true... I tried very hard to buy my ram at the local dealers.. they could not or would not touch the deal I got.. The sales manager and salesman were pretty pissed when I showed up for warranty chrome piece on my door.. but I was nice and said that I had bought 3 rams from you in the past.. I gave you every opportunity to match the deal I had, as a customer I am happy to bring my truck for service and warranty work, and in 2-3 years when I trade I will give you another shot at getting my business.. No hard feelings... but I am not going to give a dealer an extra 10k because I like them...
I doubt the sales people will even know. The dealership has changed hands 3 times since I had my 2001 Dodge Ram and there is the usual employee turnover.

Users who are viewing this thread