5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to place Crossovers for Front component speaker upgrade

snidehockey

Reaction score
So I'm on my 5th Ram and this is the first 5th gen I've started working on. I've done TONS of car audio installs and I swear I've scoured the forums and google but can't find a solid answer.

Base 6 speaker system in a 2020 Bighorn Crew. I have new speakers arriving tomorrow (Infinity Reference REF697CF) along with an amp. I already installed the ANC bypass harness and am going to cut that in half and feed the amp with the high level inputs there and then jump right back on it from the amp outputs. Great.

My problem is, I want to keep stock speaker locations but I can't figure out how to integrate the crossover 'box' for the door/dash combo to keep the full range that is shared for the front channels from blowing the tweeters and sending highs to the mid. I found the wire diagram but I don't understand how those two are connected from the factory. Is there a spot where it basically T's or is it in series? Is there a spot on the factory wiring where that crossover box can be integrated without running new wire to the dash?

I know the shortcut is just throw the new tweeter on the top corner of the door but I really don't want to add a speaker there when there's a huge speaker grille already on the dash.

Hope it makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread