5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to mount a CB radio in a 2021 Rebel?

Sorceress21

Reaction score
Anyone done this? I've got a 10 year old or so Galaxy which still runs like a champ but I'm stuck on where to mount it.

I've thought about right behind the phone charging slot underneath the infotainment system as it'd be easy from there to run the power cable into the dash to hook up to the electrical system. That would require me or someone to fabricate a custom bracket to span between the inner sides of the console and I'd sacrifice the full forward position of the sliding tray.

The other location that would seem to be best would be on the side of the console on the passenger side but that causes the lower glove box door to hit the corner of the radio.

Lastly, top dead center above the infotainment screen but that blocks the sunglasses tray though the power adapter port already there would make powering the radio simple. The drawback here is how to physically mount it. I don't want to drill into the top of the dash so I'm thinking some kind of suction cup system.

Anybody got one in their rig and have come up with something creative that I'm not seeing?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Would recommend a newer more compact CB which would open up more options like in the console with no sacrifice, or a base station you can put up in the dash or under the back seat with a remote mic speaker that has all controls required. As soon as you compromise on a location that reduces somethings functionality, trying to find the best compromise usually leads me to an upgrade to minimize or eliminate the compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would think in the center console as your best bet. However, I recommend dropping the CB and going to GMRS, which is what most people use on the trail these days. Vastly better sound quality and range, much more compact as well. You can get a nice compact one to sit in the bottom front of the center console.

You can even hide the unit in the glove box or behind the glove box and just have the hand mic exposed. The MXT275 is awesome radio that a lot of us use on the trail...

Last edited:

Sorceress21

Reaction score
Hmm, thanks gents, good ideas to think about. I do a lot of long road trips so I want CB capability for sure. I'm an x-trucker and though you can take the girl out of the semi you can't take the semi out of the girl, LOL. I'll look around and see if there's a CB/GMRS combo radio out there. I do like the handset controller, that certainly eliminates the mounting issue.

The base station thought is also a great idea.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hmm, thanks gents, good ideas to think about. I do a lot of long road trips so I want CB capability for sure. I'm an x-trucker and though you can take the girl out of the semi you can't take the semi out of the girl, LOL. I'll look around and see if there's a CB/GMRS combo radio out there. I do like the handset controller, that certainly eliminates the mounting issue.

The base station thought is also a great idea.

I still have the CB in my Ranger even though I never use it anymore, I absolutely get you on that lol. Hard to get it out your system.

Users who are viewing this thread