5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to get replacement plastic for the left mirror (it's a wide truck!)

UncaBuddha

Reaction score
I was driving in the dark on a two lane highway and going across a bridge. The truck I met going the other way TOUCHED MIRRORS with me!!! That's never happened to me before (and I don't have the long tow mirrors).
The only damage was the clear plastic insert about 1/3 of the way from the bottom of the mirror. It appears to be part number 68402097AA on the carID.com website. Anyone know how this piece is removed and replaced? Anyone have a better website for this piece of plastic?
Thanks!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can you take a photo of what exactly you are referring to please ?

UncaBuddha

Reaction score
Can you take a photo of what exactly you are referring to please ?

It's a 2020 Limited ED, btw. The clear plastic part got shattered. Small scratch below it. I don't know how the mirror and all the electronics within survived. I just pushed it back out to the locked position and it seems fine. (Surround cam and dimmer)

20201128_111350.jpg

Bill S

Reaction score
I just replaced my left mirror, and I still have the old one. It is in good shape, it just has issues when it unfolds.
I can see how hard it is to get that out if you are interested.

UncaBuddha

Reaction score
I just replaced my left mirror, and I still have the old one. It is in good shape, it just has issues when it unfolds.
I can see how hard it is to get that out if you are interested.

THANKS!!! I can't see any screw holes or anything and the blow up on the carID site doesn't really show instructions. I can send them an email and ask if there are instructions with the item.
That's a great offer Bill S. !!!

Users who are viewing this thread