5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to do an inspection before the end of warranty and buyout - San Diego

crazydive

Reaction score
Hi,

Do you guys know any good reliable place which specialize in modern (full of electronics) RAMs in San Diego area?

End of warranty and lease buyout - both terms are coming at the same in less then a month. I'm looking for a great reliable place to find out if anything requires a fix or replacement before my warranty expires. Hopefully there is nothing what would make me change decision and didn't want to keep the truck (RAM 2019) but I want to make sure I'm not getting into some extra big cost because dealership service didn't notice it earlier. Regular visit just covers a basics checks and they were clear - they are not going to look to discover potential problems. They of course will fix them later :-/

My Jeep, which is in the same situation, just recently stopped turning off the engine (start-stop) so I had a reason to complain at the dealership. Apparently they had to replace 48 agm battery and then they discovered faulty ESS sensor and some other sensor. 1 month later and I would have to pay about $1500 or more.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

Do you guys know any good reliable place which specialize in modern (full of electronics) RAMs in San Diego area?

End of warranty and lease buyout - both terms are coming at the same in less then a month. I'm looking for a great reliable place to find out if anything requires a fix or replacement before my warranty expires. Hopefully there is nothing what would make me change decision and didn't want to keep the truck (RAM 2019) but I want to make sure I'm not getting into some extra big cost because dealership service didn't notice it earlier. Regular visit just covers a basics checks and they were clear - they are not going to look to discover potential problems. They of course will fix them later :-/

My Jeep, which is in the same situation, just recently stopped turning off the engine (start-stop) so I had a reason to complain at the dealership. Apparently they had to replace 48 agm battery and then they discovered faulty ESS sensor and some other sensor. 1 month later and I would have to pay about $1500 or more.

crazydive

Reaction score
Very friendly place. Thanks!
Unfortunately my idea of checking everything is quite idealistic. They, as well as a regular dealership service, cannot discover something what doesn't exists. If is completely obvious or the computer is showing something - sure, otherwise they can only do a general visual inspection and that's it.
I guess I shouldn't complain, be happy that truck is working nicely and hope nothing will break anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread