5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where my detailers at???

19BlkRam

Reaction score
I am waiting for rainy season to be over before getting to the paint correction process but this black paint is begging me for some TLC.

Got any pictures of your detailed ram?
Got any tips you would like to share?
What products did you use?
What process did you take in order to achieve the look?

Thanks looking forward to seeing all the perfect paint in here soon...

fish mojo

Reaction score
Look up a guy on YouTube called Pan the Organizer. Canadian guy who has detailing down to an art. He is big on the ceramic coatings.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I am waiting for rainy season to be over before getting to the paint correction process but this black paint is begging me for some TLC.

Would love to help.

First off... What issues are you having?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Echoing Neurobit. What are you trying to accomplish and what products do you currently own? If you are completely new to detailing, autogeek.net forum is a good place to read through. With a brand new truck you shouldn't have to be doing a major correction right off the start. A light cut finishing polish at most. You only have so much clear to remove, and it appears factories have been applying thinner and thinner. When I get mine I'll hit it with an electronic paint thickness gauge to try and estimate the clear in several spots.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Echoing Neurobit. What are you trying to accomplish and what products do you currently own? If you are completely new to detailing, autogeek.net forum is a good place to read through. With a brand new truck you shouldn't have to be doing a major correction right off the start. A light cut finishing polish at most. You only have so much clear to remove, and it appears factories have been applying thinner and thinner. When I get mine I'll hit it with an electronic paint thickness gauge to try and estimate the clear in several spots.

Good tips. I measured mine before having to polish a scratch on the hood. Pleasantly surprised that the hood had 8-10 mils of paint. Not bad.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
lol I like Junkman and his videos the best..

No issues I am pretty confident in my polishing skills just wanted to start up a section for likeminded members to share info pertaining to this truck in particular.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol I like Junkman and his videos the best..

No issues I am pretty confident in my polishing skills just wanted to start up a section for likeminded members to share info pertaining to this truck in particular.

I have Carpro Essence and Cquartz UK 3.0 coating ready to go when my truck arrives. I have two black vehicles now. Nothing looks better to me when detailed. Not a great phone camera, but quick snap from my black Camry panel during last year's winter prep: Mirrors are good.

Black Camry Panel.jpg

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Where the heck are you, the rainy season is just starting in Oregon.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Where the heck are you, the rainy season is just starting in Oregon.

Miami FL where the day starts off Sunny and dry, a cloud passes by destroys your wash and then the sun comes back out within the hour lol. Usually Late November - May is our Carshow season Blue Skies and Cold weather 72 degrees lol

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
based on what seems to coming at the east coast, you might have more then a passing cloud shortly. stay safe and mostly dry

19BlkRam

Reaction score
based on what seems to coming at the east coast, you might have more then a passing cloud shortly. stay safe and mostly dry

Hurricanes are just an excuse for a few days off and drinking lol at least in South Florida anyways..

Hoping everyone takes the proper precautions and we all go unscathed this season.

Users who are viewing this thread