5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where in Houston to take my truck

theblakester

Reaction score
Lookin for suggestions on where to take my truck in Houston, Tx to have the Zone UCAs, front bilsteins, rear bilsteins, and the icon springs installed.
hopefully some local guys can point me in the right direction.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t mean to derail your thread, but sounds like you are doing exactly what I plan on doing …. Couple questions …. Do you have the ORP ? 1.5” Icons in rear ? What groove position you thinkin for front Bils ? Please post pics when done !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sep1006

Reaction score
Lookin for suggestions on where to take my truck in Houston, Tx to have the Zone UCAs, front bilsteins, rear bilsteins, and the icon springs installed.

What side of Houston are you on? If you're anywhere close to the south side then Texas Offroad and Performance in Manvel is the place to go.

theblakester

Reaction score
Don’t mean to derail your thread, but sounds like you are doing exactly what I plan on doing …. Couple questions …. Do you have the ORP ? 1.5” Icons in rear ? What groove position you thinkin for front Bils ? Please post pics when done !!!

All good man.
Yes I have the ORP. Yes I got the 1.5” rear icon springs. I got the zone 2” level kit which uses a preload coil spacer and a top mount strut spacer. I plan to disregard the preload coil spacers and use the top mount strut spacers from that kit along with the UCAs. This will give me an additional inch. Then I will set the front Bilsteins on the 3rd or 4th setting which ought to have me in the 3”-3.5” range. I hear the Bilsteins maxed out on setting 5 don’t ride as well as they do on a lower setting.
I really hope all these mix and match parts play nice together.
And yes I will post pics when done and will try to get good before and after measurement pics too.

theblakester

Reaction score
What side of Houston are you on? If you're anywhere close to the south side then Texas Offroad and Performance in Manvel is the place to go.
I’m on the west side of town, but if I can find a place that knows the suspension on these trucks well, are honest and have good prices, I can drive down there no problem. Grew up in Pearland. Spent plenty of nights at Eddies country ballroom back in the day 😆

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

We've had great service and decent pricing from Allout Off Road. They have a location in Stafford as well as Richmond. Just be certain to make an appointment for the Richmond location (where we typically go) as they are very busy due to their great reputation in the Richmond/Rosenberg area.

theblakester

Reaction score

We've had great service and decent pricing from Allout Off Road. They have a location in Stafford as well as Richmond. Just be certain to make an appointment for the Richmond location (where we typically go) as they are very busy due to their great reputation in the Richmond/Rosenberg area.
Thanks man, I’ll check them out!

RamSATX

Reaction score

Any updated pics?

theblakester

Reaction score
Bare with all my word vomit as this is the first draft trying to share this info with y’all.
The only before level/lift, wheels and tires, and alignment measurements I got were ground to fender. I did not get any center hub to fender measurements at stock ORP height, but I got multiple measurements from a few different parking spots on a few different evenings and think I got a pretty accurate average ground to fender height to go by.
FWIW, it got a little crazy tryin to only use some of the Zone leveling kit spacers, and I would not recommend going this route. In the Zone 2” leveling kit w/ UCAs, the top mount strut spacers won’t mount/tighten correctly without the spring spacers. And the spring spacers are actually a set of 3 per side that are supposed to stack on top of each other, each almost 1/4” tall. In order to avoid using the whole spacer kit, there was a bit of tac welding involved to get the top strut spacer mounted properly and I believe they used 1 of the 3 spring spacers per side. This wound up netting me around 1.75” front lift. The Bilstein 5100s were then set at the 2nd of 5 settings for an extra 1/2” lift. in he rear I replaced the ORP springs with the Icon 1.5” springs along with the Bilstein 5160s.
Here’s what I got after the suspension parts were installed, getting an alignment and driving 1,000 miles and before wheels and tires were installed.
Front: ORP Truck gained an additional 2-2.25” up (so 3-3.25” higher than a non ORP Ram).
Rear: After replacing the ORP springs with the Icon 1.5” springs and the Bilstein 5160s, I got an additional .5”-.75” up (so 1.5”-1.75” higher than a non ORP Ram).

Measurements ORP Ram 1500 BEFORE any modifications, suspension work and/or wheels and tires: Ground to fender: Front- 37 3/8”. Rear- 39 3/4”
Measurements after suspension work, alignment and driving 800-1000 miles, and before wheels and tires. Ground to fender: Front-39 1/2”. Rear 40 3/8”. Center Hub to fender: Front- 24 3/4” to 25”. Rear- 25 1/2” to 25 5/8”.
Measurements after wheels and tires, after final alignment and driving 100-200 miles. Final product. Ground to fender: Front- 41 1/8”. Rear 42”. Center hub to fender: Front- 25”. Rear- 25 5/8”.
The new wheels and tires got me an extra 1.5”-1.75” ground to fender height on top of everything else. The truck has about 3/4”-7/8” front to rear rake from the ground to fender.

Wheels- Mamba M27 20x9 -12mm offset
Tires- Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/65/r20.

I had to zip tie some plastic back to eliminate rubbing and now on the drivers side I’ve got about 1/4” clearance when turning the wheel one way (I think to the left). I could probably get a little more clearance if I got more creative with getting some of the plastic out of the way. The passenger side has at least a half inch clearance when turning the wheel either way. The upper control arms have plenty of clearance from the tires. I did not cut anything. I only poked a little holes in the plastic to allow the zip ties to go through.

Attachments

• CC32312B-BC8E-46D2-93C0-7C7802D83E67.jpeg
    CC32312B-BC8E-46D2-93C0-7C7802D83E67.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 17E684D9-CDF6-45EF-B436-5EF25F2A0B3B.jpeg
    17E684D9-CDF6-45EF-B436-5EF25F2A0B3B.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 73A117D6-92FF-4977-8CEC-E8A0E0D1FC9D.jpeg
    73A117D6-92FF-4977-8CEC-E8A0E0D1FC9D.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 9FF957BB-08E1-418F-9261-DD79B137A05E.jpeg
    9FF957BB-08E1-418F-9261-DD79B137A05E.jpeg