5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where does your paint get damaged

JBV

Reaction score
from driving on dirt roads? the usual places, like the leading edge of the rear rocker panels? i'm still waiting for my truck (5 months and counting, sigh...) and i've got some weathertech mudflaps to go on. i'm wondering if there are any places on these trucks that get excessive wear and benefit from PPF protection in advance.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The mudflaps will help a little, but you need either stationary flat style running boards to prevent the rocks flying up from the front tire and hitting the rear or PPF the lower rockers and the rear fenders.

On dirt roads, that front of the rear bed/fender and behind the rear wheels of the bed are your most likely areas to get chipped.

Nels

Reaction score
Front bumper chrome or body color? If it's body color ppf would be a great idea. I did not and regret it.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
I have PPF all over and the front of the bed and fender flares get smoked the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread