5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does the trailer camera display (and what connector do I need?)

nia198

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 and a trailer with a wireless camera that pairs with a lame display that I have to leave on the dash. I can get a wireless received that can plug into the truck, and hoping to then get the image to the electronic rear view mirror when in tow mode, connecting via the same connector that this (https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-trailer-camera-vehicle-prep-kit-82215833ab) plugs into, but have two questions...
1) After connection, where does the trailer rear view image display - on the uconnect 12" display and/or the rear view mirror?
2) Any idea what connector I need to connect to the truck? The wireless received looks to have a coax type output, so am looking for something that can adapt between them without spending ~$400 on a kit that I don't need most of.

Thanks!

wsutard1

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 and a trailer with a wireless camera that pairs with a lame display that I have to leave on the dash. I can get a wireless received that can plug into the truck, and hoping to then get the image to the electronic rear view mirror when in tow mode, connecting via the same connector that this (https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-trailer-camera-vehicle-prep-kit-82215833ab) plugs into, but have two questions...
1) After connection, where does the trailer rear view image display - on the uconnect 12" display and/or the rear view mirror?
2) Any idea what connector I need to connect to the truck? The wireless received looks to have a coax type output, so am looking for something that can adapt between them without spending ~$400 on a kit that I don't need most of.

Thanks!
Did you ever figure this out?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm also researching this right now. I might just take it to the dealer and tell them to let me know when I have a trailer camera that will show up on my UConnect screen.

Users who are viewing this thread