5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you keep the key? I'm struggling!

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One day I thought I lost it, but eventually found it when it fell between the seat and console. Now I keep it around my neck with a lanyard.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
when not near the truck like shopping places,
in one of these clipped to a belt loop
and at home where the rest of my keys are

when in the truck clipped to a belt loop with one of these

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine rarely ever leaves my pocket. What's the use of having a system to unlock the vehicle and start it, without the need to even touch the fob, if I then have to pull it out of my pocket to find a place to store it?

My Audi requires me to insert the fob into a dock to start the car. I really hate having to do that, and wish it had the same system as my Ram.
I keep mine in my pocket too, for the same reason. It's so nice not having to find my key fob.

Doesn't Audi have the dummy key like Porsche?
Screenshot_20220125-211059_Chrome.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I keep mine in my pocket too, for the same reason. It's so nice not having to find my key fob.

Doesn't Audi have the dummy key like Porsche?
View attachment 118403
Guess I'm not sure what you mean by dummy key. It's an actual fob, much like what we have for our trucks.
You insert the fob into the receptacle. Then you use the fob as the push button to start the car.

Attachments

• Audi key fob.jpg
    Audi key fob.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Audi fob recepticle.jpg
    Audi fob recepticle.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Audi fob in place.jpg
    Audi fob in place.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 20

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Guess I'm not sure what you mean by dummy key. It's an actual fob, much like what we have for our trucks.
You insert the fob into the receptacle. Then you use the fob as the push button to start the car.
The key fob for a Porsche gets inserted into the dash just like that but you twist the key to start. They also give you a dummy key fob that's just a piece of plastic that you insert into the slot, so you can keep the real key in your pocket. Your car needs to have the Entry and Drive feature for the dummy key to work.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The key fob for a Porsche gets inserted into the dash just like that but you twist the key to start. They also give you a dummy key fob that's just a piece of plastic that you insert into the slot, so you can keep the real key in your pocket. Your car needs to have the Entry and Drive feature for the dummy key to work.
I'm not sure if mine came with a dummy key (valet key?) since I didn't buy the car new.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Older audis do this, similar to those crystal Austin martin keys. I was cleaning an older a5 the other week that had one.

Users who are viewing this thread