5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you buy your MOPAR or other high quality goods? Online/dealer?

Rammerhead

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the Ram fam and hoping to get some good direction on where to go for parts. I see that MOPAR has their online site, but then there are a ton of other MOPAR-like sites, as well as 4x4 parts sites that offer some good stuff.

I was looking for the sliding toolbox and not hoping to pay an astronomical price for shipping, but am unsure if this is something the dealer can get and spare me the cost. From what I'm reading here you need to luck out with the dealer having the accessory in stock. I lucked out with the bed extender on Amazon but that seems like something few and far between, so any other sites you think are pretty good in supply/costs/toys/whatever, I'd love to see it.

Any help or site recommendations would be much appreciated for this rookie.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Yes. Exactly like that. That’s how I did it for my tonneau cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have done same with the discounts/coupons and also have been lucky at past and current dealerships by taking in copy of price from internet or competitors and the dealerships have price matched or come close. Once you calculate shipping or having the part right then and there it can make a difference.

Don't get me wrong I have been chuckled at and also advised for that price order it online.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Yes. Exactly like that. That’s how I did it for my tonneau cover.

I posted a thread but I think I’m too new to the forum, so I’m just going to ask a few of you guys personally:
I just ordered my truck WITHOUT OE Fender Flares. I am going to have PPF put on the whole front end including headlights and fog lights, rocker panels, bottom 1/4 of each door, and around the fenders. Should I have ordered the Original Equipment Fender Flares? Also installing Weather Tech MudFlaps. In your opinion, do you think this is ENOUGH to protect the paint from chips in paint and rust?

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
I have done same with the discounts/coupons and also have been lucky at past and current dealerships by taking in copy of price from internet or competitors and the dealerships have price matched or come close. Once you calculate shipping or having the part right then and there it can make a difference.

Don't get me wrong I have been chuckled at and also advised for that price order it online.
I posted a thread but I think I’m too new to the forum, so I’m just going to ask a few of you guys personally:
I just ordered my truck WITHOUT OE Fender Flares. I am going to have PPF put on the whole front end including headlights and fog lights, rocker panels, bottom 1/4 of each door, and around the fenders. Should I have ordered the Original Equipment Fender Flares? Also installing Weather Tech MudFlaps. In your opinion, do you think this is ENOUGH to protect the paint from chips in paint and rust?

Primosp83

Reaction score

That’s up to you. Also, depends on where you live. I’m in Texas so rust is not as much of an issue as someone up north. I have the OEM fender flares and added the WeatherTech mud flaps and fit well

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I personally would suggest fender flares and would ppf them as well. Yes to the mudguards. Also highly suggest running boards since they also seem to absorb a lot of debris from getting kicked up

Users who are viewing this thread