5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do I order the Multi Function Tailgate on the Build and Price

trainman

Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering a new 2024 Ram 1500 4x4 Lone Star Edition to replace my 2019 Ram with equal options. Main things I wanted was the Night Edition Package and the Multi Function Tailgate. I can not find on the Build and Price forum online where do you check off the tailgate option. I'm thinking this is not available on the Lone Star Edition and maybe only for the upper models, so let me know what going on here, thanks for your replies.

ZWilson07

Reaction score
Looks like its only available on Laramie and up for 2024. As far as I know it was an option on all models during first release in 2019 but like most things, they have cut the packages down for 2024. I have a 2021 Laramie Sport with 22s that is getting swapped for a 24 Laramie next week and the package options now make no sense. You can only get AT tires on the 22s if you get the offroad package but you cant get the offroad with the night package even though its literally the same wheel….but such is life I guess. They got rid of the sport package for Laramie so your forced to go with one of the other packages which basically makes it impossible to order the same thing I have. 7-8k more for a Laramie with less options….first world problems so I guess I should be thankful.

trainman

Reaction score
Looks like its only available on Laramie and up for 2024. As far as I know it was an option on all models during first release in 2019 but like most things, they have cut the packages down for 2024. I have a 2021 Laramie Sport with 22s that is getting swapped for a 24 Laramie next week and the package options now make no sense. You can only get AT tires on the 22s if you get the offroad package but you cant get the offroad with the night package even though its literally the same wheel….but such is life I guess. They got rid of the sport package for Laramie so your forced to go with one of the other packages which basically makes it impossible to order the same thing I have. 7-8k more for a Laramie with less options….first world problems so I guess I should be thankful.
After looking into this you are correct on the tail gate, I would think this option would be more sellable in the work truck models, but my Ram is not a work truck, I'm just and old 78 year old guy who would like to reach into the bed and not have to lift everything over the tailgate. I guess owing two Ridgelines before my present Ram they spoiled me having there dual action tailgate as standard equipment.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yup - Standalone option on Laramie, Longhorn, Limited, and Rebel 1500s. It's also inside the ELITE package on Limiteds.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram kinda screwup on some of these options only being on the higher trims. For example, I got extremely lucky to be my back country with rambox. Since last year ram decided to remove them for lower Tim levels like the tradesman and bighorn.

Don’t get it…just let us pick what we want…it will sell faster. I bet you that a tradesman with rambox will sell a lot faster and cheaper then a limited with ramboxes.

Users who are viewing this thread