5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are the 4 pin Trailer Brake Connectors?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Big Horn came in and I picked it up today. I spec’d it to have a trailer brake controller but missed that it was missing on the BS/WS. It was on my order sheet though and it was part of the price I was quoted. I was so focused on making sure I had the other options that seem to get cut that I missed the brake controller not being there until I was pulling out. The sales man confirmed it was on the order sheet and said they would install it for me, but we needed to check for 2 four pin connectors under the dash by the steering column. We both looked but didn’t see it. I had to get going, so I figured I’d find it once I got home. Looking around I still don’t see anything like that, but it’s possible it’s stuck in there. Any idea on where to look for them?

Thanks.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The connectors are there, just taped up. Let the techs at dealer handle it, not a salesman. And I think the one for control module is a 10 pin connector

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. Here is a link to the part number. You can see the “disclaimer”. Looking at the instructions I do think that disclaimer is incorrect on the PIN numbers. I believe you are correct in that one is four and the other ten pin.

Do all Big Horns come set up to have the brake controller?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got up under there. The harness wires appear to be between the gas pedal and center console sort of all wrapped up in black cloth tape. Does that sound right?
D9B546B7-DBB9-4C17-9B55-F83D15238F45.jpeg

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is correct. They do need to enable it or go through AlfaODB for it to work. The salesman wasn't going to have it ordered until the plugs were confirmed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got up under there. The harness wires appear to be between the gas pedal and center console sort of all wrapped up in black cloth tape. Does that sound right?
View attachment 127337
Yes that looks right, and all Rams have the connectors from the factory. They just use a si gle dash wire harness for all trucks.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats what i thought. Not sure why the "disclaimer" was there on the Mopar site in the first place. Pretty sure one hand doesnt know what the other is doing since it says to look left of the steering column. :ROFLMAO:

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 127337
As far as we’re aware all the trucks come with the harness for the brake controller. I added the brake controller on my 20’ and similar to your photo I had to untape the needed connectors from the main wire harness’. The connector you’re looking at there should be for the brake control module and then the other connector you need will be taped up behind the infotainment stack for the actually controller. Hope they get it worked out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online