5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are the 2020 Sport/Rebels?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The sport trim is only available in Canada. It is based off the bighorn trim

For some reason it lists it as a Rebel.

We have discussed this many times about the oddity.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Laramie sport is a package. Laramie is the trim, sport is the package. Same american or canadian

The Rebel is the same, american or Canadian.

Sport trim is canadian only.

C0ps

Reaction score
The sport trim is only available in Canada. It is based off the bighorn trim

For some reason it lists it as a Rebel.

We have discussed this many times about the oddity.

I'm reading that the closest Americans can get to our exclusive is to purchase a larmie/Sport.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Canadian Rebel has the same grill as the american Rebel. My sport/rebel comes with the Sport Grill. Everything else is pretty much like the rebel. I believe this trim is exclusive to Canada only.

Thank you for explaining that.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The sport is a hodge podge of different trims.

But it has a bighorn grille, not the Laramie grille.

The sport hood is used on the Laramie, but the identifying thing will be the grille.

Won't argue which is right or wrong, cause it is 6 of one half dozen of the other.

But it definitely isn't a Rebel and it definitely is only canadian.

And it is a really awesome truck, one that I would be interested in, if it was available here

Sure once the TRX hits the sport hood will be trickled down to the tradesman and everyone will be wanting that Hellcat hood...lol

Shmannion13

Reaction score
Mine is a 19’ Don’t have any good pics. Need to take some. BTW since you said you purchased recently, check out rebate below.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf
Thanks for the heads up I just completed filling out the info online!!!!

JustMe

Reaction score
He's asking about Sport and Rebel as separate models. There's no such thing as a Rebel in a Sport trim.
Yes, I'm aware . . . which is why I came across seeming confused thinking HE was confused . . . thus confusing ME . . . did I confuse you ? :)

JustMe

Reaction score
There is a sport in the rebel trim in canada. I have one. My sales sheet is listed as Sport/Rebel.
WHAT ? What do you MEAN when you say "a Sport in the Rebel Trim"? There is no "Rebel-TRIM" - REBEL is a MODEL . Which once again leaves me puzzled, cause IF you mean a Rebel Model with the Sport Package paint-job, then a WHITE Rebel would NOT have the Matte Black Grill . . . it too would be White, no? YOUR truck, looking at the one photo of it, is NOT a Rebel . . . it's a Laramie ? :unsure:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do we really not get this yet? Or we just using sarcasm on the internet?

Make: RAM
Model: 1500
Trim: Tradesman, Bighorn, Sport(Canadian only), Rebel, Laramie, Longhorn, Limited
Package:Sport

The package makes a Laramie Sport

Note:Laramie and Rebel are the only 2 Factory Trims to get the Sport Hood.

The Sport/Rebel as it is listed in CANADA is a separate trim having nothing to do with being the same as the Rebel. Just how they list it.

Any questions?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Canada lists them as Sport/Rebel, if you look at my window sticker it is listed this way. Then you either order a Sport or a Rebel.

Post number 8 has my window sticker.

Carchibald

Reaction score
Canada lists them as Sport/Rebel, if you look at my window sticker it is listed this way. Then you either order a Sport or a Rebel.

Post number 8 has my window sticker.

Have to agree, I just ordered a 2020 Rebel and my build sheet says sport/Rebel and it is definitely a Rebel, or it better be anyways!

Attachments

• AE6EA7FF-9DAC-4198-AE2F-02AD518870A4.jpeg
    AE6EA7FF-9DAC-4198-AE2F-02AD518870A4.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 11

JustMe

Reaction score
Do we really not get this yet? Or we just using sarcasm on the internet?

Make: RAM
Model: 1500
Trim: Tradesman, Bighorn, Sport(Canadian only), Rebel, Laramie, Longhorn, Limited
Package:Sport

The package makes a Laramie Sport

Note:Laramie and Rebel are the only 2 Factory Trims to get the Sport Hood.

The Sport/Rebel as it is listed in CANADA is a separate trim having nothing to do with being the same as the Rebel. Just how they list it.

Any questions?
Thank you for clarifying . . . and NO I was NOT using sarcasm accept for post #28, more being silly. Guess I'm gonna have to find a Canadian RAM Dealership or RAM Canada? to SEE this "idiotic, imo" use of the Sport & Rebel trims !

Hmm, but now that I think on it more, a USA version of Our REBEL Models with the SPORT Package may actually look Very cool - in certain colors !?. Very sinister in ALL Black, or very "White Knight-ish" in ALL White ?
Wonder what a 2-tone Laramie in the Olive Green with a changed out to the Rebel Grill and Front bumper would look?

Users who are viewing this thread