5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When you truly have OCD... driver door lock delete!

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good! I love subtle changes that make a huge difference. Where is the torx screw located? Part # please?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks good! I love subtle changes that make a huge difference. Where is the torx screw located? Part # please?
One lil plug on drivers door in alignment with door handle.. pop her out use a T25 torx I believe, loosen up and wiggle out. Trim 3 lil plastic pins off the new piece then pop in retighten and all done. Literally took 5 mins.. my part number below is for the Diamond Black Crystal but a simple search will yield the other color part numbers... $17 or so to the door.

Attachments

• 20220517_202549.jpg
    20220517_202549.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 38

CMil527

Reaction score
That's great until your battery decides to die abruptly and you can't unlock the door nor even pop the hood to jump start it. And yes, the batteries on these trucks are known to enter into a new dimension of existence for no reason and with no warning.
Yeah I thought about that prior to ordering but did this on a few of my BMW's and never ran into any issues so fingers crossed..lol!

CMil527

Reaction score
Exactly... a lifted truck can roll, a lowered truck can scrape, a tune can blow my engine.. I can go on and on! Too each his or her own just sharing with the group.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I really like the look. Unfortunately I have had to use the key to get in my truck already 3 times in the last 7 months for no apparent reason. Key fob temporarily just won’t work, truck battery was good. Changed key fob battery, still happened once since.

Dewey

Reaction score
I really like the look. Unfortunately I have had to use the key to get in my truck already 3 times in the last 7 months for no apparent reason. Key fob temporarily just won’t work, truck battery was good. Changed key fob battery, still happened once since.
Had that happen with my 2017 Laramie a few times. Passive entry and key fob didn’t work for some odd reason. Woulda been screwed without key access.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there are others who might want to do this.

I have no plans to delete the only non-destructive way of getting into the truck if the battery takes a dump. Function over form I guess. Besides, it looks weird to me without a key hole.

CMil527

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there are others who might want to do this.

I have no plans to delete the only non-destructive way of getting into the truck if the battery takes a dump. Function over form I guess. Besides, it looks weird to me without a key hole.
See and it always looks weird to me with a keyhole... different strokes!! ;)

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I’ll take the chance and just break the window if I ever have a dead battery. I have full glass coverage $0 deductible.
I hope the flying glass shards don't scratch your leather upholstery. And that it isn't raining that day. And that the glass isn't on backorder for 8 weeks. And hope that when the mechanic pulls off your inner door panel to access the window mechanism that he doesn't damage the plastic.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had this happen twice in the last few weeks. I tapped the lock button on the remote, then passive entry worked again.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
One lil plug on drivers door in alignment with door handle.. pop her out use a T25 torx I believe, loosen up and wiggle out. Trim 3 lil plastic pins off the new piece then pop in retighten and all done. Literally took 5 mins.. my part number below is for the Diamond Black Crystal but a simple search will yield the other color part numbers... $17 or so to the door.
Is it the same part number for all both front doors?
Is the T25 from the inside to get the current trim\lock out?

I would like to do this. I haven't had to use a key except for my trunk on my 06 Mustang and doors for my 93 Oldsmobile.

CMil527

Reaction score
no p/n depends on color as it comes painted... the hole is on the inner edge of the door when you open it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
no p/n depends on color as it comes painted... the hole is on the inner edge of the door when you open it.
Sorry I mean for that color. My truck is the same color. I mean it fits both sides. When I look it up it's listed as "front right"

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope the flying glass shards don't scratch your leather upholstery. And that it isn't raining that day. And that the glass isn't on backorder for 8 weeks. And hope that when the mechanic pulls off your inner door panel to access the window mechanism that he doesn't damage the plastic.
Oh man I didn’t think of any of that. I guess I’ll never drive it and just admire how much better it looks without the key hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/