5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When you guys are posting the price you payed, are you counting all the fake dealer fees?

Howitis

Reaction score
When I was doing my ram shopping one of the things i was determined not to pay were all the fake dealer add-ons. things like nitrogen in the tires or the theft stickers. These things cost the dealer nothing but in Houston the charges for them range from 1200 to 4000. The dealer i eventually went to ended up waving them for me, but these fees are used almost as a slush fund. Customer wants to think they got a good deal on the truck, go ahead and mark it down and add 4k in fees. So do you guys include these when you show what you payed in the forum? If you aren't it is making it impossible to tell what a good deal really is.

barr0208

Reaction score
my total fees were under $200 due to tire tax and ac tax etc $73290 msrp paid $55700 before taxes. 24% off and bought mine in april 2019

ldoh

Reaction score
I included everything but I also don't do business with shady dealers. Weed them out up front via email. I avoid initial phone calls as I don't want sales calls for the next umpteen years.

Howitis

Reaction score
I included everything but I also don't do business with shady dealers. Weed them out up front via email. I avoid initial phone calls as I don't want sales calls for the next umpteen years.

far as i can tell there isn't a dealer i've been to in houston that doesn't charge for things like theft stickers or some other made up add on.

rlc2020

Reaction score
It's a flat no from me when they try to add that suff on, I don't care what the discounts are, i'm not paying anything over the price of the truck and taxes/reg. In CT they have a "conveyance fee" usually between $295 and $495. I negotiate that off the price of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread