5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When to sell truck?

kittyjo

Reaction score
Thinking about possibly selling truck and downsizing to suv.. good thing is it wud be about an even trade off.. 19ram with 57k miles excellent condition. Shud I wait till market comes down or sell while it’s good rn?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Honestly, best time to sell was probably 5 months ago, however since you are buying as well, it probably doesn't matter since prices were higher across the board.

If you can wait to buy, sell as soon as you can and wait several months when the market to bottom out. But if can't wait, then honestly anytime is good, resale and new purchase will probably have similar mark-ups and discounts so it's a wash either way.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Sell it when you feel comfortable selling it. This day and age who knows what will happen tomorrow. If you're comfortable with the trade deal then go for it

kittyjo

Reaction score
Sell it when you feel comfortable selling it. This day and age who knows what will happen tomorrow. If you're comfortable with the trade deal then go for it
This is my only vehicle so I wud have to sell and buy pretty quickly lol right now I cud sell sell it for what I paid for it… but it wud be wise to wait till market drops more

Derek916

Reaction score
Unless you're getting a hybrid or have to go places where parking is an issue, I say keep the truck. I am driving a '23 highlander getting 19mpg lol.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Unless you're getting a hybrid or have to go places where parking is an issue, I say keep the truck. I am driving a '23 highlander getting 19mpg lol.
Yes I want a rav hybrid and rn parking sucks but Don’t pay for gas temporarily..😊

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm planning to do the same, if the government will still allow us to buy gasoline in 20 years.
Yea good point. I might have to find a back woods hydrogen converter kit.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Well might be leaving this group shortly if I find right suv vw Tiguan or rav4 hybrid… but this site has helped a lot..

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Best time for me to sell is when I want something else.

You might think it is some big powerbroker investment play that runs you points on Wall Street. It's not. It's just another production vehicle like a million others on the pavement.

Just do what makes you happy with what you drive.

Users who are viewing this thread