5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When is the DT due for a mid-cycle refresh?

Louhound88

Reaction score
I've had a Chevy before and it just wouldn't compare to my Ram now. 2016 Silverado Z71 with a 5.3L. Loved the look of the silverado from the outside, interior was nice but all GM interiors are always identical each cycle and it gets boring fast. But overall the engine, transmission, suspension, build quality, everything about the chevy just wasn't...that great. It was the best vehicle I had up to that point in my life and I loved it until it started acting up big time, but now in the Ram it's just a much better truck.

The new GM interiors are nice, however I don't think I could ever go back to the cheap feel of the GM truck. Which is weird because I always worried about Ram quality and reliability, but so far my Ram is good. As for Ford, the F150 is just so boring to me.

The AT4's look nice on the outside, but I just have trust issues with GM vehicles.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I was looking at a 22 Silverado AT4 the other day and was thinking thats funny, I thought they updated the interior for 22, guess not. Found out later that WAS the updated interior. Even my 18 classic was WAY nicer.

I do however like the back half of the GM’s especially the bumper with integrated steps and the rectangle dual exhaust tips look pretty sweet.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GM has taken a step forward with the new 2022 interiors, exterior wise I think they look better then Ford or Toyota. Hoping Ram does a refresh soon though, I don't want to buy the same truck over again as I do like a little change.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I expect them to make the cluster and other features(night vision, pass screen, and so on) that are on the Wagoneer available in Ram soon.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more IdahoKTM. I was GM forever, and mostly Denali's which I thought at the time looked very classy. That's until their 14 came out and it looked like a clown truck with the HUGE grill and mega-bling. My dealer even bought one for me (he always pre-bought one for me knowing I was trading around 3 years). I took one look at it and said "do you honestly believe I can drive that thing on a jobsite and expect to be taken seriously?" He agreed and ordered me a SLT. That was my last GM. My first Ram was a 20 and I now have two of them. I very much like the no-nonsense grill on the Ram. I guess it's always to each his own though.
I'm about an hour north of you. PM me so we can talk. (I ride a husky).
Sounds good. I'm 12 weeks post op from back surgery. Hopefully I'll be good to go in another month or two. I ride a white KTM too. 😎

agjr85

Reaction score
I was looking at a 22 Silverado AT4 the other day and was thinking thats funny, I thought they updated the interior for 22, guess not. Found out later that WAS the updated interior. Even my 18 classic was WAY nicer.

I do however like the back half of the GM’s especially the bumper with integrated steps and the rectangle dual exhaust tips look pretty sweet.

The refreshed ones are just starting to trickle into the dealer lots. They are going to sell both the previous and new under the same MY. Calling the older ones limited.
I hate when they do that BS, 2022.5 is another way to look at it.

Basically the new interiors are pulling from the Escalade.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet the 392 will never be put in a 1500 especially with rumors of the 5.7 being phased out in the future.
I wouldn't say never, the Grand Wagoneer already has the 392 and its built on the DT frame but its highly unlikely with the new I6 coming out soon. I will say if they give us a 392 1500 that isnt off road focused I'll be first in line to trade my Challenger in.

Camelot

Reaction score
RAM Revolution (BEV) is supposed to debut in 2024. From what I can see they still plan on a ICE Refresh in 2023. A range-extended version is expected to launch alongside the BEV. Stellantis is calling the range-extended version a “Range Electric Paradigm Breaker” or REPB, which has “all the driving characteristics of BEVs with real-world range and flexibility.” This onboard generator model will help achieve improved towing range as BEVs experience a drastic range reduction while towing. So far I believe they are the only ones with plans on a on-board generator.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I've had a Chevy before and it just wouldn't compare to my Ram now. 2016 Silverado Z71 with a 5.3L. Loved the look of the silverado from the outside, interior was nice but all GM interiors are always identical each cycle and it gets boring fast. But overall the engine, transmission, suspension, build quality, everything about the chevy just wasn't...that great. It was the best vehicle I had up to that point in my life and I loved it until it started acting up big time, but now in the Ram it's just a much better truck.

The new GM interiors are nice, however I don't think I could ever go back to the cheap feel of the GM truck. Which is weird because I always worried about Ram quality and reliability, but so far my Ram is good. As for Ford, the F150 is just so boring to me.

The AT4's look nice on the outside, but I just have trust issues with GM vehicles.
Agreed. I had a 2020 Silverado RST 6.2 and it was a great truck for sure. More power and better mpg than my Ram. But the Ram is just a better truck overall. The interior is lightyears ahead. The updated GM interiors are just starting to show up at dealers. They look nicer and reviews say the materials are much better but I just can't do a column shifter in a truck and decided to try a Ram. I'm glad I did - I have no regrets. It's an incredible truck. It is about time for a mid cycle refresh but the interior is still better than what GM or Ford are offering so really there's no rush. Now if they ever decided to throw the 6.4 in the 1500, I'd be in line tomorrow to order one...

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't say never, the Grand Wagoneer already has the 392 and its built on the DT frame but its highly unlikely with the new I6 coming out soon. I will say if they give us a 392 1500 that isnt off road focused I'll be first in line to trade my Challenger in.
Same. I won't even consult my wife before putting down the deposit because this would be my dream.

RAM Revolution (BEV) is supposed to debut in 2024. From what I can see they still plan on a ICE Refresh in 2023. A range-extended version is expected to launch alongside the BEV. Stellantis is calling the range-extended version a “Range Electric Paradigm Breaker” or REPB, which has “all the driving characteristics of BEVs with real-world range and flexibility.” This onboard generator model will help achieve improved towing range as BEVs experience a drastic range reduction while towing. So far I believe they are the only ones with plans on a on-board generator.
If they can get the towing range figured out, I think I'd strongly consider an electric RAM

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If they can get the towing range figured out, greatly increase the number of charging stations, and drastically increase the capacity of the power grid, I think I'd strongly consider an electric RAM
^^Fixed it for you. :p Sorry, no offense intended. I just couldn't resist. They're pushing electric vehicles now, but the infrastructure isn't there to fully support the electric cars that are already on the road. I'm sure some improvements will be made between now and if/when they get the towing range figured out. But I have no short term plans to buy electric.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^Fixed it for you. :p Sorry, no offense intended. I just couldn't resist. They're pushing electric vehicles now, but the infrastructure isn't there to fully support the electric cars that are already on the road. I'm sure some improvements will be made between now and if/when they get the towing range figured out. But I have no short term plans to buy electric.
Oh I completely agree with your edits. Gavin Newsom saying no ICE engines after 2035 but asking me to turn off my lights between 4-9pm because we don't have enough power... Makes me really confident in the infrastructure.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Oh I completely agree with your edits. Gavin Newsom saying no ICE engines after 2035 but asking me to turn off my lights between 4-9pm because we don't have enough power... Makes me really confident in the infrastructure.
And don't forget, portable generators will be banned, too, so when the public safety power shutoffs kick in, you won't even be able to keep the food in the freezer safe. https://www.kcra.com/article/sale-p...tors-banned-2028-new-california-law/37954497#

Rebel2022

Reaction score
The refreshed ones are just starting to trickle into the dealer lots. They are going to sell both the previous and new under the same MY. Calling the older ones limited.
I hate when they do that BS, 2022.5 is another way to look at it.

Basically the new interiors are pulling from the Escalade.
That makes sense then. I’ll have to search up the new interior just out of curiosity.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I no longer have my '19, switched to a Kia Sorento PHEV a few months ago cuz I need a 3rd row and better mpg for the next few years, but I won't need the 3rd row starting in 2025, so I fully expect to check out the Ram PHEV at that point. Unless they royally screw the pooch with their implementation of the presumed series hybrid drivetrain, it should be quite a good one! I'm guessing the Ram implementation will be somewhere around the reported STLA Large output, so somewhere in the vicinity of 450 hp or more, with a wildly guesstimated torque of 650+ lb/ft.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread