5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When is FCA dropping SiriusXM from Connected Car capabilities given current disaster?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only issue I've had so far in a year was getting a video call's audio to play properly through the Bluetooth; it kept swapping from Bluetooth to Sirius when it was hooked up to Android Auto. I unplugged it from the wire to disconnect Android Auto and it worked fine on just regular Bluetooth.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
The voice to text is useless, when a text message comes in, since all you can do is use their pre-programmed responses.
Has anyone had this issue? When you start the vehicle, and you have it set to play music off the apple/android device, it plays that, but it also plays the Sirius channel 1 over the top of it. I have to switch to XM, and then switch back to get it to go away. It doesn't happen to often, but enough to be irritating.
Sometimes it also doesn't auto start the music playing off the USB device.
Now if they would just update the nav maps for 2019.
Weird that a few have so many issues and others, like myself (so far) have none of these problems.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Weird that a few have so many issues and others, like myself (so far) have none of these problems.
Yeah agree.
For me it has been great except, USB ports that work whenever they want. Not sure if that’s UConnect related though or just USB hub. Very annoying and hoping they would fix it, but since every time I take it they happen to work, it’s really hard to troubleshoot.

Other than that, UConnect has been fine for me. I just have to live with not having consistent CarPlay (for Waze) all the time.

I do feel for those with freezing and black screen issues. There are a lot of those out there and wish FCA would be more responsive to those owners.

Cheers,

jmac

Reaction score
I don't have any issues either. My wife's Lexus nav really sucks. I use the uconnect nav most of the time becasue I like the full screen, but use Android auto when trying to avoid traffic. Nothing beats google maps.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah agree.
For me it has been great except, USB ports that work whenever they want. Not sure if that’s UConnect related though or just USB hub. Very annoying and hoping they would fix it, but since every time I take it they happen to work, it’s really hard to troubleshoot.

Other than that, UConnect has been fine for me. I just have to live with not having consistent CarPlay (for Waze) all the time.

I do feel for those with freezing and black screen issues. There are a lot of those out there and wish FCA would be more responsive to those owners.

Cheers,
The day I bought my truck I noticed that my USB ports cycled on and off. I had to make an appointment for the issue as they only had one tech on site that could handle the issue. Took 3 days to get it in, and the ports cycled all 3 days. The tech disassembled the console to troubleshoot. He could not find the source of the problem, and decided to reassemble the console so that I could have the truck while he researched what the issue could be. He did such a good job during reassembly, the ports have worked flawlessly for an entire year, never had to take it back. I think the USB is a grounding/connection issue from poor/quick assembly at the factory. It may be worth your time to mention this to service, or possibly chase it down yourself.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The day I bought my truck I noticed that my USB ports cycled on and off. I had to make an appointment for the issue as they only had one tech on site that could handle the issue. Took 3 days to get it in, and the ports cycled all 3 days. The tech disassembled the console to troubleshoot. He could not find the source of the problem, and decided to reassemble the console so that I could have the truck while he researched what the issue could be. He did such a good job during reassembly, the ports have worked flawlessly for an entire year, never had to take it back. I think the USB is a grounding/connection issue from poor/quick assembly at the factory. It may be worth your time to mention this to service, or possibly chase it down yourself.
Good to know. Hopefully I can take it back when this happens again and it stays that way. Same issue as yours, all ports cycle on and off. Frustrating as #&@!

reb0957

Reaction score
What pisses me off coming from a 2016 8.4N is less features... Well just one feature, I can't block channels I don't want to listen too.
When I am on the road for 5 or 6 hours I like to scroll channels but not 100 sports channels or disney.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
What pisses me off coming from a 2016 8.4N is less features... Well just one feature, I can't block channels I don't want to listen too.
When I am on the road for 5 or 6 hours I like to scroll channels but not 100 sports channels or disney.
No doubt. That would be a great feature too have!
I could block all the sports and other unimportant (to me) channels outright.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Not directly into UConnect. You will have to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto for this.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The voice to text is useless, when a text message comes in, since all you can do is use their pre-programmed responses.
Has anyone had this issue? When you start the vehicle, and you have it set to play music off the apple/android device, it plays that, but it also plays the Sirius channel 1 over the top of it. I have to switch to XM, and then switch back to get it to go away. It doesn't happen to often, but enough to be irritating.
Sometimes it also doesn't auto start the music playing off the USB device.
Now if they would just update the nav maps for 2019.

I would like to know what the pre-programmed responses are... this has never worked for me and seems like a feature they added with no programming behind it.

+++1,000,000 for updating the maps!!!

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My Nissan in car nav and infotainment was trash. I think the Ram 12 inch screen is great. I haven't had any issue (knock on wood) with it or the remote services. I had tons of issues on my Nissan where they replaced the radio.

50Front

Reaction score
For me the app never worked, it could locate the truck but that was it. The voice commands are the worst and usally it tries to call a contact instead of entering an address or changing the sirius channel. Trying to get an address in the Nav is hit or miss. Sometime its quick and sometime it cant find anything even if i type it. Otherwise, i have not had any issues with blank screens or other typical 12" problems.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
The app actually works fine for me. I use it to start the truck at the airport as soon as the plane lands. It's then perfectly warm or cool by the time I get there. It takes a full 30s to work as I've tested it at home.

I use Android auto for everything else and the latest release is perfect. Don't believe I've ever turned the factory nav on. Amazon music sounds 10X better than Sirius radio.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dailyherold

Reaction score
No doubt. That would be a great feature too have!
I could block all the sports and other unimportant (to me) channels outright.

If your talking about hiding SiriusXM channels you can! Check my photo, Settings > SiriusXM Setup > Channel Skip.

Attachments

• IMG_20191213_231126.jpg
    IMG_20191213_231126.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 36

reb0957

Reaction score
You can't do that with the 12" screen. The option isn't there, but that is what I am talking about

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

dailyherold

Reaction score
You can't do that with the 12" screen. The option isn't there, but that is what I am talking about

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Ahh, apologies, ya that's frustrating. Where do we submit these types of feature requests, bug reports, etc? Our dealer? So much is software driven now, that I have to imagine FCA has a funnel for feedback from owners like [pretty much] all software companies now have for users. Whether or not the feedback falls on deaf ears is another issue, but companies integrating user feedback with development cycle is improving overall in the industry (I'm in it).

Users who are viewing this thread