5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When does the LSD / traction control activate?

gpbst3

Reaction score
At what point does the LSD activate. Is LSD the same as traction control? I feel my truck is very slow to respond to wheel spin. My previous truck was a 14 Tundra and the traction control would kick on immediately and power down the engine when the wheels spin.

This Ram for some reason has a lot more wheel spin and I never get traction control warnings. This morning temps were around 28 with residual road salt. After a stop making a right turn my rear end fishtailed about a foot and traction control never kicked in.

Another time on wet roads I hit the painted double yellow and had a decent about of fishtail.

I dont know if its due to a lighter truck and factory tires. I going to try some weight in the bed to see if that helps.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited Slip is physically built into the differential and is there all the time.

Traction Control is electronic and should kick in pretty quickly after you start to get wheelspin.

When you say your rear end fishtailed about a foot, how do you know that traction control didn't kick in? If you let off, maybe it kicked in at the exact same time?

gpbst3

Reaction score
Traction Control is electronic and should kick in pretty quickly after you start to get wheelspin.

When you say your rear end fishtailed about a foot, how do you know that traction control didn't kick in? If you let off, maybe it kicked in at the exact same time?

The one time traction control did kick it I got a big warning indicator on the dash. I did not have any warning lights.

Users who are viewing this thread