5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When did Ram delete the CD player?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it was a 12 disc player in the hatch of my 1998 Trans AM. Thought it was the sheet bac then. I recall being over it in a few months. Probably drove around with the same cds in there for years no lie. It was in the trunk for crying out loud.

Majortom

Reaction score
I simply put my entire music collection on one of those mini thumb drives, plugged the drive into one of the USB ports in the back and Bob’s your uncle!

Tommyboy59

Reaction score
Bought one on Amazon, plug and play, for 2020 Ram Rebel. Mounted on the drivers side consul. Out of the way and looks great. Double face 3m tape holds it strong. Works great, love it.

Attachments

• IMG_9262.png
    IMG_9262.png
    253.7 KB · Views: 11

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought one on Amazon, plug and play, for 2020 Ram Rebel. Mounted on the drivers side consul. Out of the way and looks great. Double face 3m tape holds it strong. Works great, love it.
I have one of those velcro'd into a recess in the back of the console tub where it fits pretty well. Works okay. Doesn't display artist/album/title info on the radio screen, just track number. If you're carrying CD's around, you probably have that info on the sleeve if you need it anyway. Once in awhile the system doesn't recognize it, and you have to unplug and plug back in. And I didn't pay the re-re-retail price, got it from China on eBay for about a quarter of that.

Still wish it had the OEM player, though.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it was a 12 disc player in the hatch of my 1998 Trans AM. Thought it was the sheet bac then. I recall being over it in a few months. Probably drove around with the same cds in there for years no lie. It was in the trunk for crying out loud.
We've still got my wife's 2001 Subaru that has the original in-dash 6-disc changer. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread