5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHEELS ON AN OFF ROAD GROUP

High-Sierra

Reaction score
Hi was wondering if any one else has ordered the Off Road Package and when the truck was delivered was equipped with 18 inch silver painted wheels.
I was surprised that when my truck that, as ordered, a Laramie 4x4 with the Night Edition, Level 2 group and the Off Road package came with those cheesy wheels.
When you select the OR group on the web site it automatically loads a 20 inch Black rim package. If you select the standard silver rims it removes the Night Edition.
LMK if any one else has had this issue, I'm wondering if the factory goofed.
Thanks !

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a mistake to me. I haven't seen where anyone else here has complained about that happening.

ChrisID

Reaction score
My 20 Laramie ORG came with 18" silver they call aluminum painted, but I don't think they look too bad. My 21 Limited ORG came with 20" they call polished wheels with inserts, that certainly look nicer, but I prefer the 18" for function over looks.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s hit or miss. Two of my friends trucks came with them too. And they have a level higher in options than mine. But mine came with the nice 20in wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewdad

Reaction score
The standard wheels for Laramie are 18"; the optional 20" wheels are an additional $1395.00 and includes the 20" Falken Wildpeak A/T tires when ordering the Off Road Group.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you get 20” wheels with any of the following: Limited, Longhorn, or Night Edition. In other words, it’s not “officially” possible to get any of those, with or without off-road group, and 18” wheels. So you’re looking at negotiating with the dealer (they might be happy to swap 18” wheels on the lot for the 20s on the truck you’re buying), or selling/trading your 20s on here, Facebook, etc.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What does your window sticker say?

KMach

Reaction score
I’d check the build sheet to be sure. But my big horn lvl 2 with the ORG and night edition came with the 20” black wheels wrapped with raised white lettered falkens. When I ordered my truck I almost went with a sport ORG and I would have got the 18” wheels.

fliptide

Reaction score
Silver wheels kinda defeats the whole purpose of the Night Edition.
Ram build site shows for Laramie 2, ORG and night =
  • 20-Inch x 9.0-Inch Cast Aluminum Black Wheels

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Silver wheels kinda defeats the whole purpose of the Night Edition.
Ram build site shows for Laramie 2, ORG and night =
  • 20-Inch x 9.0-Inch Cast Aluminum Black Wheels
This is why we need more information, like the window sticker or build sheet.

jent

Reaction score
Kind of ironic if the ORG includes an increase to 20in wheels. 18in would be superior for offroading. It would make sense that another package like the night package would be required to get larger wheels.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kind of ironic if the ORG includes an increase to 20in wheels. 18in would be superior for offroading. It would make sense that another package like the night package would be required to get larger wheels.
From what I see on Ram’s site, that’s exactly how it works: On Tradesman, Big Horn, and Laramie, off-road group keeps you at 18” wheels, unless you also add the Night Edition. On Limited and Longhorn, off-road group keeps you at 20-inch wheels, because that’s the smallest wheel offered in those trims.

Think of it this way: off-road group changes the tires (among other things), not wheels. If your trim or another package comes with 20 inch wheels before adding ORG, you keep those 20 inch wheels. If your trim has 18 wheels, you keep those 20 inch wheels.

High-Sierra

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's....
I've thrown in the towel. The dealer tried to get me what I wanted at dealer cost, however, I'll just purchase a nicer set of after market wheels which is what I initially wanted to do.
Only bummer is that I have 18 inch tires and need tires now as well.
As for now I'll just enjoy my shiny new truck.
BTW it's my first Ram...

Users who are viewing this thread