5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel well liners

abeach1995

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 big horn quad cab with the 6’ 4” bed has anyone used the rough country wheel well liners? How do they compare to the oem Mopar liners since my generation truck didn’t come with the full wheel well liners.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 big horn quad cab with the 6’ 4” bed has anyone used the rough country wheel well liners? How do they compare to the oem Mopar liners since my generation truck didn’t come with the full wheel well liners.
They’re supposed to be heavier duty than OEM. Many people here have them.
Welcome to the forum BTW. Pls update your sig when you have a moment.

abeach1995

Reaction score
Same style? Do they look like oem and fit like oem, any pros and cons to oem, because right now Mopar oem liners are on back order for past couple weeks 😬

abeach1995

Reaction score
Same style? Do they look like oem and fit like oem, any pros and cons to oem, because right now Mopar oem liners are on back order for past couple weeks. And thank you I will do so now, new to the site still figuring everything out

abeach1995

Reaction score
Also what is signature and is there a specific thing I’m supposed to put there?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Also what is signature and is there a specific thing I’m supposed to put there?
Your truck’s vitals. That way if you have other questions people don’t have to guess which model, year, engine, etc.
I don’t have those liners. Search the site. Several members here do and like them.

Cheers,

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

abeach1995

Reaction score
Your truck’s vitals. That way if you have other questions people don’t have to guess which model, year, engine, etc.
I don’t have those liners. Search the site. Several members here do and like them.

Cheers,
Thank you

BoudinBall

Reaction score
I have them and don’t have any complaints. Lay them out in the sun for a few minutes so they warm up. They’ll be more flexible when warm and easier to install.

41magmag41

Reaction score
I have them on my 2019 1500 and the fit is less than stellar around the lip of the fender. Kept them but probably wouldn't buy again knowing what I know now. I Kept them in the house for a day or so to help with installation but it still was a pain getting them under the lip of the fender.

abeach1995

Reaction score
I have them and don’t have any complaints. Lay them out in the sun for a few minutes so they warm up. They’ll be more flexible when warm and easier to install.
Did you need additional screws for them ? Or clips. Why didn’t you go with Mopar oem liners if I may ask.

abeach1995

Reaction score
I have them on my 2019 1500 and the fit is less than stellar around the lip of the fender. Kept them but probably wouldn't buy again knowing what I know now. I Kept them in the house for a day or so to help with installation but it still was a pain getting them under the lip of the fender.
Wouldn’t buy them again because of installation difficulty or because they don’t fit properly?

Simplman

Reaction score
I have them for my 2020 Bighorn. I like them, easy to clean and seem pretty rugged. The fitment takes a little finesse, but they do the job! Put them in the sun for a little while, makes them a little easier to work with.

abeach1995

Reaction score
I have them for my 2020 Bighorn. I like them, easy to clean and seem pretty rugged. The fitment takes a little finesse, but they do the job! Put them in the sun for a little while, makes them a little easier to work with.
Did you need additional screws for it ? Clips or bolts? I know the oem Mopar ones need 2 extra bolts per side

Simplman

Reaction score
No drilling or added hardware was necessary. Nice product for the price.

Wsmith

Reaction score
They are sitting in my garage right now. Waiting for some warmer weather, as others have said they are heavy duty and require some effort to install when cold and unpliable. They seem like a quality product.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a whole thread on them. I like them and they have kept a ton of junk out of the underneath of my truck. The trickiest part is at the front of the wheel well, where they kind of go around the little trim piece. If you got on the ground and looked at that spot real close you'd deduce these are aftermarket - the fit is OK but not "factory" - but you can't see it unless you were down there looking for it and knew what you were looking for. The rest of it you can't tell one way or the other if they're factory or not.

Let them sit in the sun for an hour or two before you get started. They're thick and not very flexible, and if you do it when it's cold like I did you will work harder at it. If you have rear mud flaps they have to come off and go back on. If I bought a different Ram, I'd buy these again.

Users who are viewing this thread