5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel-well Liner - Big Horn

laminad

Reaction score
Just installed the left wheel-well liner in my 19 Big Horn. Couple questions:

I need an additional 8 screws total with washers. Does anyone know part #? Watched a youtube video of a guy adding liners, but the screws he listed were not the correct ones.

Also, I broke the bottom rocker trim plastic push tabs. Anyone have the part # for this? I went straight gorilla on removing them, but if you're careful and pull straight down you could probably pop them out without snapping the plastic like I did.

Overall, they're pretty easy to install so if you have questions - let me know. You will need to reuse the furthest rearward trim plate with the new liners. It's a two piece section and I removed the front section just by pulling outwards and popping plastic rivots. The youtube video showed the drilling out the rivets, but like I said earlier... I went gorilla on this.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got replacement push tabs from AutoZone.

If you need the fender screws they are listed here

Attachments

• FENDERFLARE (1).pdf
    71.4 KB · Views: 400

laminad

Reaction score
I got replacement push tabs from AutoZone.

If you need the fender screws they are listed here
You're the best! Big help. I realize I could've found this information for myself now, sorry for being lazy! Hah.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're the best! Big help. I realize I could've found this information for myself now, sorry for being lazy! Hah.

Lol no worries. I kinda knew what you were looking for but the info was in an unrelated thread.

U

User_3336

I was going to install the wheel liners, but can't get an exact confirmation on the screws I need..

I am missing THREE of the screws on the top. Are these in fact 6510175AA???

I don't have the little clamps that the screws go into on those either. they are listed as NUT, Spring, M4.8X1.60 and part # 6509500AA. So, do I need SIX of these as well?

laminad

Reaction score
I was going to install the wheel liners, but can't get an exact confirmation on the screws I need..

I am missing THREE of the screws on the top. Are these in fact 6510175AA???

I don't have the little clamps that the screws go into on those either. they are listed as NUT, Spring, M4.8X1.60 and part # 6509500AA. So, do I need SIX of these as well?

The screws listed in the diagram above are correct. I bought 10 just in case and would recommend the same. (I ended up needing the extras for a mudflap install that I did later.) For the clamps, I just took off the ones on back of the liner that was discarded. I think I only needed 1 per side because the mopar liners have many of the retains already built in.

U

User_3336

Mine are on the way. I ordered 6 screws. $44 each plus $20 shipping.
i'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

Did they fit good?

The screws listed in the diagram above are correct. I bought 10 just in case and would recommend the same. (I ended up needing the extras for a mudflap install that I did later.) For the clamps, I just took off the ones on back of the liner that was discarded. I think I only needed 1 per side because the mopar liners have many of the retains already built in.

laminad

Reaction score
Mine are on the way. I ordered 6 screws. $44 each plus $20 shipping.
i'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

Did they fit good?

Yeah, they're great. Should've been factory standard. There's a video on youtube or this forum where a guy does the install. It helped me to figure out the part that needed to be removed from the backplate of the rear liner. Instead of drilling out the rivets, I just grabbed and pulled them apart. That disposable backplate is the piece I took my screw retainers from.

U

User_3336

i got mine today. These things sure are flimsy.. Getting too cold here to install them. Maybe it will warm up a little next week. $44 for this flimsy piece of plastic is really a rip-off. Something that FCA/RAM could have easily included on model year 19, as they have been included in previous years, and surely on the 18.

Eguzowski

Reaction score
I got mine on over the weekend, just in time for a snowy trip up to NY for Thanksgiving. They are pretty flexible and move a lot but a relatively straight forward install, especially if you watch the youtube video. And just reconfirming the 6510175AA screw is the correct one, the part number in the video is a different one.

U

User_3336

Well, crap, I don't guess I need these anymore since I traded back to an 18 and they already have them (a bit more sturdy and rigid as well).....Too big and bulky to send back. Guess they will keep in case something happens to mine from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread