5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel to Wheel Step Bar vs Pull Up Handle for a 4x4 Short/Rambox Bed

Nihilius

Reaction score
So I have a 2021 1500 4x4 Crew Cab with a short bed and Ramboxes. I have no intention of doing a lift but right now the depth of the rambox places the bed just high and deep enough that I can't quite reach the bottom of the bed standing on flat ground. My initial thought was to go with a wheel to wheel step bar but most of those place the pad a bit further forward than I think I would like. My newest thought is to simply add a grab handle to the top of the accessory rail to help pull myself up on the tire. This is also my first truck so I'm unsure if I'm just overthinking this. Has anyone added a grab handle or bar and care to chime in on how you like it?

Thanks

Jr22

Reaction score
You can get a bed side foldable step. Amp makes one. I was thinking about getting one once my 4inch lift and 35's are on the truck.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Try pulling yourself up on the tire when it's wet. See if you can stay there. Then go order the wheel-to-wheel step. They're frequently for sale used. Check here, and the local craigslist, and the local facebook marketplace.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a Rambox truck will the sidestep AMP fit between the factory installed power activated steps and the left rear wheel?

Does AMP make a passenger sidestep?

Nihilius

Reaction score
Try pulling yourself up on the tire when it's wet. See if you can stay there. Then go order the wheel-to-wheel step. They're frequently for sale used. Check here, and the local craigslist, and the local facebook marketplace.
Thanks for the insight! That's exactly the feedback I was looking for.

Nihilius

Reaction score
You can get a bed side foldable step. Amp makes one. I was thinking about getting one once my 4inch lift and 35's are on the truck.
Check that out! Thanks for letting me know. Until right now I assumed that the bed step was the same as the rear bumper step. I didn't realize they made both.

Jr22

Reaction score
looks like its only for the 6'4 Box

Edit
Auto anything has it listed for all models. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread