5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel/tire weight question

Park90

Reaction score
Hi I have a question about wheel/tire weight. I recently lifted my ram 1500 6in lift with 35s and I lost a lot of power being a 3.21 gear. It's not terrible but you can definitely feel the difference. Can't really take weight off the tires but I think I made a mistake of buying really heavy wheels which is 57lbs per wheel. If I were to buy different wheels that weight 37lbs per wheel will the -20lb difference in weight per wheel make a big difference?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi I have a question about wheel/tire weight. I recently lifted my ram 1500 6in lift with 35s and I lost a lot of power being a 3.21 gear. It's not terrible but you can definitely feel the difference. Can't really take weight off the tires but I think I made a mistake of buying really heavy wheels which is 57lbs per wheel. If I were to buy different wheels that weight 37lbs per wheel will the -20lb difference in weight per wheel make a big difference?
Will it make a difference, yes. Rotational weight has a bigger effect than static weight. Will it be a "big" difference? Maybe not as much as you are hoping for

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The added wind resistance of the lift & larger diameter tires (reducing your effective gear ratio) are also hurting you alot. So while lessening the rolling weight will help, it will never be close to what you had prior to the lift & larger tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online