5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel & Tire setup with 2" level

djants

Reaction score
Brought my truck to a shop to quote out a 20x9 Fuel Flux wheels and 35x12.5 nitto ridge grapplers. Shop guy said I would just need a 2" rough country level kit for the front and everything should be fine. Thoughts?

djants

Reaction score
The offset on the wheels you're purchasing might play into clearance as well. My 20 x 10 -18mm offset Fuel Rebels wrapped in 305/55/20 Ridge Graps rub when turning left while reversing. It's not terrible but you know when contact has been made.
Going with -1 offset

nithsss6600

Reaction score
Brought my truck to a shop to quote out a 20x9 Fuel Flux wheels and 35x12.5 nitto ridge grapplers. Shop guy said I would just need a 2" rough country level kit for the front and everything should be fine. Thoughts?
I have a readylift level with 295/70R18 on method wheels -12 offset. Had to remove the factory mud flaps due to rubbing on full turns.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For 12.5" width tires you might want to get -12mm offset and trim the mud flap area.
35x12.5 with not enough negative offset will more than likely rub your tires on the UCA. You want to push the wheel out a bit more to clear UCA. Carli (the suspension people. the very same people who build performance shock systems) has a blog about that.

Alternatively, you can also read my thread here: 35x12.5R18 on Performance Orientated Lift - a Overview, Procedure, and Review.

Users who are viewing this thread