5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel spacers???

rackup23

Reaction score
Hello, so ive been on google going through pages and pages and pages of these threads on this forum (very helpful btw i usually look here for almost everything ive ever done to my truck so far, thank yall folks) however i can not find a specific individual here who has the SAME truck and set up as me to answer the question (hence why i made the profile to finally ask something i havnt foudn yet). So i have a 24 bighorn night edition, just put a 2inch level on it and toyo oc at3 which are 285/65/20 on it but i have the stock NE rims that came with the truck. Now im really happy with everything and doesnt rub at all ether however im not liking the stance really. The wheels look too... scrawny? like too sucked in? I love the wheels and the tires but they dont sit as flushed as i thought i guess. Now tbh i really like the stock NE 20x9 rims as that was part of why i liked the truck b.c it came with thoughts so dont want to buy new rims really, so been reading thoroughly on here and see that spacers are ok to use. Now, i just want my wheels to sit flushed with the fenders of the truck and or even poke out just a little bit i dont have a problem with that. So ive read BORA Hubcentric and from what ive gathered i was thinking 1" spacers all around will make it flush all around with a very slight poke even which im ok with. So,
1- does anyone here have a picture of there truck with the same stock rims with AT tires and spacers so i can see before i purchase?
2- I also heard some measurement spacers you have to cut off the stock bolts and dont really want to do that ether so any recommendations of if maybe like 1" all around bora hubcentric i can just take off wheel and put on spacer and be done?
3- is there any advice doing this stuff? its my first truck and i get nervous with doing stuff like this so would rather just be able to slap it on like if its "stock" for my comfort. like do i used locktite or something or is it just like putting the wheel on like normal?

just want to buy once and slap them one, dont want to have to go through the hassle of returning. I greatly appreciate yalls help. thank you.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, so ive been on google going through pages and pages and pages of these threads on this forum (very helpful btw i usually look here for almost everything ive ever done to my truck so far, thank yall folks) however i can not find a specific individual here who has the SAME truck and set up as me to answer the question (hence why i made the profile to finally ask something i havnt foudn yet). So i have a 24 bighorn night edition, just put a 2inch level on it and toyo oc at3 which are 285/65/20 on it but i have the stock NE rims that came with the truck. Now im really happy with everything and doesnt rub at all ether however im not liking the stance really. The wheels look too... scrawny? like too sucked in? I love the wheels and the tires but they dont sit as flushed as i thought i guess. Now tbh i really like the stock NE 20x9 rims as that was part of why i liked the truck b.c it came with thoughts so dont want to buy new rims really, so been reading thoroughly on here and see that spacers are ok to use. Now, i just want my wheels to sit flushed with the fenders of the truck and or even poke out just a little bit i dont have a problem with that. So ive read BORA Hubcentric and from what ive gathered i was thinking 1" spacers all around will make it flush all around with a very slight poke even which im ok with. So,
1- does anyone here have a picture of there truck with the same stock rims with AT tires and spacers so i can see before i purchase?
2- I also heard some measurement spacers you have to cut off the stock bolts and dont really want to do that ether so any recommendations of if maybe like 1" all around bora hubcentric i can just take off wheel and put on spacer and be done?
3- is there any advice doing this stuff? its my first truck and i get nervous with doing stuff like this so would rather just be able to slap it on like if its "stock" for my comfort. like do i used locktite or something or is it just like putting the wheel on like normal?

just want to buy once and slap them one, dont want to have to go through the hassle of returning. I greatly appreciate yalls help. thank you.
A lot of guys run 1" spacers in stock wheels and are fine. On my truck with the Built to Sevre wheels, the factory studs just barely contacted the wheel when torqued down with 1" spacers. Your results may vary. Also, you will want to use 1/4" thicker spacers in the rear to get the front and rear even as far as sitting flush or poke. And with 285 width tires you will have slight poke with 1" spacer front and 1.25" rear. This is my truck on 35x12.50x20 and 3/4" front, 1" rear Bora spacers. Anymore poke and I wouldn't be happy.

Attachments

• PXL_20240525_013713855.jpg
    PXL_20240525_013713855.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20230730_190145478.jpg
    PXL_20230730_190145478.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 39

rackup23

Reaction score
A lot of guys run 1" spacers in stock wheels and are fine. On my truck with the Built to Sevre wheels, the factory studs just barely contacted the wheel when torqued down with 1" spacers. Your results may vary. Also, you will want to use 1/4" thicker spacers in the rear to get the front and rear even as far as sitting flush or poke. And with 285 width tires you will have slight poke with 1" spacer front and 1.25" rear. This is my truck on 35x12.50x20 and 3/4" front, 1" rear Bora spacers. Anymore poke and I wouldn't be happy.
Oh nice truck man! Yeah as much as yours are sticking out are about as far as i want to go out. Id agree i wouldnt be very happy anything more. so 1 up front and 1 1/4 in rear is what ill do, ill trust you on that. Hate to ask this but can you send a link of each those to me by chance if you dont mind? ill buy them now. Also so i know you have different wheels so maybe a reach asking, but do you know if the two you are recommending i can just slap on and itll fit perfectly fine without any cutting the bolt? Also do i litterally just slide them on and torque them down and thats it? no loctite or nothing? that easy?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh nice truck man! Yeah as much as yours are sticking out are about as far as i want to go out. Id agree i wouldnt be very happy anything more. so 1 up front and 1 1/4 in rear is what ill do, ill trust you on that. Hate to ask this but can you send a link of each those to me by chance if you dont mind? ill buy them now. Also so i know you have different wheels so maybe a reach asking, but do you know if the two you are recommending i can just slap on and itll fit perfectly fine without any cutting the bolt? Also do i litterally just slide them on and torque them down and thats it? no loctite or nothing? that easy?

Scroll down and you select the thickness you want. They come in pairs,.so you will have e to order two sets to get the different thicknesses

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
You may want to look at your wheels on the front. There was no way mine were fitting with 3/4" spacers without trimming the factory lugs. They may seem like they clear, but I'd almost be willing to bet the lugs are hitting inside the wheels.
You also have different wheels, might have anything to do with it you think?

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
make sure you torque your studded spacers and check torque. if that's not something you can do, you might want to put some red loctite on your studs before putting the nuts in.
i've seen spacers with loose nuts on customer's truck.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You may want to look at your wheels on the front. There was no way mine were fitting with 3/4" spacers without trimming the factory lugs. They may seem like they clear, but I'd almost be willing to bet the lugs are hitting inside the wheels.
Thanks for the heads up. Prior to buying the BORA’s, I researched the heck out of them and my stock NE wheel specs. Then after I received them, I dry fitted them thoroughly to make sure the studs did not come into contact with the wheels. I also recheck them with tire rotations.

rackup23

Reaction score
Hopefully this helps. BORA 3/4” Front 1” Rear. No need to trim studs View attachment 185182 View attachment 185183 View attachment 185184
Oh wow there it is, that looks exactly like my truck except mine is a crew cab and different color, those are the same exact rims i have as well! Looks like im 100% going to go with 3/4" up front and 1" in the rear. This was a huge help and the exact example i was looking for with same wheels, tire size, and truck. Mine should look exactly like this after the fact then. Again thank you sir!
Questions if you dont mind?
1. What did you torque the spacer nuts to and the wheel/tire ones are 130ftibs correct?
2. Did you use any loctite at all? i hear some do it and some dont.
4. I read you didnt have to trim at all, this correct? and you were able to do the whole 7 rotation on the thread trick?
3. Do you wish you went with 1" and 1 1/2"? or do you think the 3/4" and 1" is perfect and just enough poke?

rackup23

Reaction score

Scroll down and you select the thickness you want. They come in pairs,.so you will have e to order two sets to get the different thicknesses
Thank you for the link, will be ordering today. I appreciate your help!

rackup23

Reaction score
make sure you torque your studded spacers and check torque. if that's not something you can do, you might want to put some red loctite on your studs before putting the nuts in.
Can you provide the info what what the spacer nuts are supposed to be torqued at? And i believe the wheel/tire nuts are at 130ftibs, is this correct?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bora doesn't recommend loctite with their spacers. As long as they are properly torqued, they should not come loose. Getting them torqued is probably why most guys fail because they can't figure out how to keep the hub from spinning while torquing and just driving them home with an impact

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you provide the info what what the spacer nuts are supposed to be torqued at? And i believe the wheel/tire nuts are at 130ftibs, is this correct?
The nuts holding the spacers on ar torqued the same as the factory wheels since it's the factory lugs

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh wow there it is, that looks exactly like my truck except mine is a crew cab and different color, those are the same exact rims i have as well! Looks like im 100% going to go with 3/4" up front and 1" in the rear. This was a huge help and the exact example i was looking for with same wheels, tire size, and truck. Mine should look exactly like this after the fact then. Again thank you sir!
Questions if you dont mind?
1. What did you torque the spacer nuts to and the wheel/tire ones are 130ftibs correct?
2. Did you use any loctite at all? i hear some do it and some dont.
4. I read you didnt have to trim at all, this correct? and you were able to do the whole 7 rotation on the thread trick?
3. Do you wish you went with 1" and 1 1/2"? or do you think the 3/4" and 1" is perfect and just enough poke?
Thanks man. I’m very happy with how she turned out. 130 lbs sounds about right. I did crank them pretty good but didn’t put a torque wrench on them. I do check them with rotations. BORA’s do not recommend loctite so I did not use any. I did get full rotations on the lug nuts. I also did remove my Husky front mud flaps due to rubbing. But zero issues with factory mud flaps (if that’s what you want to call them. lol) Any more poke in my opinion risks too much fling damage so it’s the perfect amount for me. My next set of tires might be a bit more aggressive (side wall wise) but I have 30-40k more miles to go before that will happen. So who knows what will be on the market then.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
............because they can't figure out how to keep the hub from spinning while torquing and just driving them home with an impact
So are you giving up the ghost on jamming a pry bar in there to keep the hub from spinning?

boogielander

Reaction score
Bora doesn't recommend loctite with their spacers. As long as they are properly torqued, they should not come loose. Getting them torqued is probably why most guys fail because they can't figure out how to keep the hub from spinning while torquing and just driving them home with an impact
that's probably why

Users who are viewing this thread