5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Spacers on Stock Truck

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
Anyone with a laramie sport running wheel spacers on stock suspension wheels and tires? I feel like it just doesn't have the fitment that rams are so good about.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I am running the BORA 1.75" spacers. I'll take them off when I find the right wheels next spring.

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
that looks way better thanks. did you have to do any trimming of the lugs or anything?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
byebyebowtie,

Here is a great thread with many many pics of variables of wheel spacers---

depending on which wheel spacers you get in regards to trimming of things. Thread is bit long but very informative regarding the wheel spacers. My truck is in there too!!! But since ya requested, I can't deny you a pic of it...lmao!!!

klail

Reaction score
Sorry for what is probably a stupid question but is there any benefit to the spacers other than maybe a preferred look?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry for what is probably a stupid question but is there any benefit to the spacers other than maybe a preferred look?

If you put 1.5 inch spacers on, you end up adding 3 inchs of width to the wheelbase, which theortically would make it more stable around corners (kind of like how training wheels stablize a kids bike; the farther "out" you can put the training wheels, the more stable it gets). In practice, I have no idea how much effect 3 inches actually has.

Most people probably do it just for looks.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
If you put 1.5 inch spacers on, you end up adding 3 inchs of width to the wheelbase, which theortically would make it more stable around corners (kind of like how training wheels stablize a kids bike; the farther "out" you can put the training wheels, the more stable it gets). In practice, I have no idea how much effect 3 inches actually has.

Most people probably do it just for looks.
YEsssssssss the extra inches in width along with the Hellwig rear sway bar = great!!!!!

Cross88

Reaction score
Are our trucks proportionate front to rear with spacer sizes? Or do we need different sizes to make it look even?

Penny

Reaction score
Are our trucks proportionate front to rear with spacer sizes? Or do we need different sizes to make it look even?

From what I’ve read on here it looks like the rear is .25” to .5” narrower in the back. I went with .25” bigger boras in the back. They are getting made now and will be able to update once installed.

Went with 1.25” and 1.5” for a more flush look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rattltrunk

Reaction score
From what I’ve read on here it looks like the rear is .25” to .5” narrower in the back. I went with .25” bigger boras in the back. They are getting made now and will be able to update once installed.

Went with 1.25” and 1.5” for a more flush look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where is the update pics?
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online