5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel spacers on OEM wheels?

jgdblue

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked, but I looked and couldn’t find an answer.

Would it be a bad idea mechanically to run a small wheel spacer on the OEM 20 inch night edition wheels with a 275/60/20 all terrain?

I know the spacers wouldn’t be necessary for the standard width tire, but I have a Laramie with the factory flares and was just looking for the tire to stick out just a little wider to be flush with the flair. I don’t want a wider tire, so if the spacers are a bad idea I’ll just run it stock. I will be adding a 2 inch motofab front level.

Thanks

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked, but I looked and couldn’t find an answer.

Would it be a bad idea mechanically to run a small wheel spacer on the OEM 20 inch night edition wheels with a 275/60/20 all terrain?

I know the spacers wouldn’t be necessary for the standard width tire, but I have a Laramie with the factory flares and was just looking for the tire to stick out just a little wider to be flush with the flair. I don’t want a wider tire, so if the spacers are a bad idea I’ll just run it stock. I will be adding a 2 inch motofab front level.

Thanks
IMHO, Nothing wrong with kicking your stock wheels out a bit with spacers. Although mines aren’t OEM wheels, they are OEM knockoffs and pretty close to OEM specs (22x9 +18 vs 22x9 +19 OEM). I am running 3/8 wide Bora spacers with zero issues.
Bought them to clear my UCA’s, I actually don’t need them anymore after I changed tire size, but I like the flush look they provide because my new tires aren’t as wide as my previous Toyo AT3’s. You could also consider offset size spacers, as your front track is about .25 inches wider than the rear. Here is a good post to go by…
Good luck👍

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3/4" front and 1" rear Bora spacers on my truck for that exact reason. I was ted the times flush with the fender flares.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get good quality hub centric
like many here i went with bora as well but 1.5 all around.
I have almost the same set up you are going to try out.
A/T tire 275/60/20 on oem rims with a 2.5 level up front
Going on about 7k miles with the spacers.
I recheck them at 5k and all was good and tight

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know everyone swears up and down about bora but I’ve had the hub centric KSP spacers for 2k and 0 issues. They fit like a glove around the hub no play in them and I’ve hit some nasty Pott holes. No bending or threads shearing. Just some food for thought.

I went with a 1 1/2 spacer all around and poke past flares slightly for a more aggressive look.

But I think you are best off with the 3/4 back and 1” front to get that flush look

Last edited:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know everyone swears up and down about bora but I’ve had the hub centric KSP spacers for 2k and 0 issues. They fit like a glove around the hub no play in them and I’ve hit some nasty Pott holes. No bending or threads shearing. Just some food for thought.

I went with a 1 1/2 spacer all around and poke past flares slightly for a more aggressive look.

But I think you are best off with the 3/4 back and 1” front to get that flush look
I have seen some with those, and good feedback.
However don't the ksp come as a set of 4?
If he wants the same size front and back he can save about half money with the ksp over the bora but if he wants different sizes front and back then bora might be his best choice

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

You got the front and back reversed.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have seen some with those, and good feedback.
However don't the ksp come as a set of 4?
If he wants the same size front and back he can save about half money with the ksp over the bora but if he wants different sizes front and back then bora might be his best choice
this is true but imho i went with the same size all around and looking down the side of the truck with a naked eye i do not see any difference. front and rear seem to stick out the same width.

jgdblue

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies guys, great information!

I am going to go with either a 3/8 or 1/2 inch hub centric spacer front and rear. I've heard conflicting information on the factory studs being long enough for 1/2 inch, anyone know for sure if they work on our factory wheels? I have the factory chrome 20's with the plastic inserts on my laramie, I'm going to have the inserts removed and the wheels powdercoated flat or satin black.

DeanM2

Reaction score
I have Rebel 18" x 8" wheels. How much wheel spacer can I use without having to change the Lug Bolts?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have Rebel 18" x 8" wheels. How much wheel spacer can I use without having to change the Lug Bolts?
You do t have to change lug bolts for any spacers. Or do you mean how thick before you have to use what are considered bolt on spacers? 1/2" is as thick as you can go and still use stock lugs to gold wheel on

Users who are viewing this thread