5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel spacers for stock wheels

TML4Ever

Reaction score
Good morning.
Newbie here and a 3 week old RAM 1500.
Replaced my 2015 Longhorn Eco-Diesel with 210,000 kms.

On my 2019 RAM, I’ve just added BFG K02 - 35x12.5R20 to the stock 6 spoke wheels with a lift kit and I love the look, but I want the wheels to be pushed out so they are flush with the wheel wells. I'm struggling to locate a 1.25" spacer that fits. I bought some for Chevy (based on a YouTube video) and the CB is too large for the stock wheel.
Perhaps the truck is too new?
I believe I'm looking for 6x5.5" x 77.8 Center Bore.
Any help to locate these is appreciated.

PS loving the truck and hopefully can get the most out of this forum.

Factory options
2019 RAM 1500 Longhorn 27K
5.7L Hemi / Eco-Torque
3.21 Gear Ratio
Diamond Black / Cattle Tan interior
Off Road Group
Advanced Safety Group (Adaptive cruise)
Bed Utility Group
Longhorn Level 1 Equipment Group (12" screen / 19 Speaker Audio / Blindspot etc...)
Anti-Spin Differential
Sunroof
Deployable Bed Step
124L / 27.4 Gallon Fuel Tank
RamBox
Class IV Hitch
Trailer Brake Control
5 Year / 160,000 km Bumper to Bumper Warranty
Pre-purchased 3 Year Factory Oil changes / Tire Rotations

Modifications so far
Vararam Air Grabber
Pulsar Tuner
10% Tint Front Windows
Krown Undercoating
3M Front End Paint Protection
BFG K02 35x12.5R20 tires
Ready Lift - 3.5" / 1" Lift

Modfications to come
Solo Performance Cat back system

Attachments

• 014322cf7d7ce455fa6a7ecb2d5c98a61cd99ea585.jpg
    014322cf7d7ce455fa6a7ecb2d5c98a61cd99ea585.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 247

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
TML4ever,

Hello and Welcome!!!

Here is a good thread that offers many opinions/styles etc. on wheel spacers:

If you read it from start to finish it is full of helpful info/opinions!!!

I would suggest adding to that thread above with any questions to keep it going after you have reviewed it.
In that thread you will see what type I installed and others installed for various personal reasons.

My vehicle BEFORE:

My Vehicle with Spacers:

TML4Ever

Reaction score
TML4ever,

Hello and Welcome!!!

I would suggest adding to that thread above with any questions to keep it going after you have reviewed it.
In that thread you will see what type I installed and others installed for various personal reasons.

My vehicle BEFORE:
View attachment 28877

My Vehicle with Spacers:
View attachment 28879
Looks great! Thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to check this out and will send updated picstures once installed. Cheers! Rob

Yankone1967

Reaction score
TML4ever,

Hello and Welcome!!!

My vehicle BEFORE:
View attachment 28877

My Vehicle with Spacers:
View attachment 28879
Why do you put a different size spacer in the rear? Aren't the wheels even front to back from the factory? I never noticed or measured my factory stuff....I just ordered 35x12.5x22 tires... I hear they will rub a bit on full lock, so I want spacers (BORA)...I was going to go 1.5 or 1.75 all the way around...Just curious on your choice to go different sized...Thanks in advance bud!

SColang22

Reaction score
Has anyone used 1/2” spacers? I put them on but I am worried about my lug threading. I was able to get 6 1/2 turns but idk if that is enough

SColang22

Reaction score
Good morning.
Newbie here and a 3 week old RAM 1500.
Replaced my 2015 Longhorn Eco-Diesel with 210,000 kms.

On my 2019 RAM, I’ve just added BFG K02 - 35x12.5R20 to the stock 6 spoke wheels with a lift kit and I love the look, but I want the wheels to be pushed out so they are flush with the wheel wells. I'm struggling to locate a 1.25" spacer that fits. I bought some for Chevy (based on a YouTube video) and the CB is too large for the stock wheel.
Perhaps the truck is too new?
I believe I'm looking for 6x5.5" x 77.8 Center Bore.
Any help to locate these is appreciated.

PS loving the truck and hopefully can get the most out of this forum.

Factory options
2019 RAM 1500 Longhorn 27K
5.7L Hemi / Eco-Torque
3.21 Gear Ratio
Diamond Black / Cattle Tan interior
Off Road Group
Advanced Safety Group (Adaptive cruise)
Bed Utility Group
Longhorn Level 1 Equipment Group (12" screen / 19 Speaker Audio / Blindspot etc...)
Anti-Spin Differential
Sunroof
Deployable Bed Step
124L / 27.4 Gallon Fuel Tank
RamBox
Class IV Hitch
Trailer Brake Control
5 Year / 160,000 km Bumper to Bumper Warranty
Pre-purchased 3 Year Factory Oil changes / Tire Rotations

Modifications so far
Vararam Air Grabber
Pulsar Tuner
10% Tint Front Windows
Krown Undercoating
3M Front End Paint Protection
BFG K02 35x12.5R20 tires
Ready Lift - 3.5" / 1" Lift

Modfications to come
Solo Performance Cat back system
Did you ever find some? I did the same and tried 2” spacers but had a lot of rubbing

Penny

Reaction score
I have been doing some reading on spacers lately and I believe i was under the understanding that 6-8 turns was good for half ton trucks. I was trying to dig up where i found that info, but much success. I did find this on tire rack which I'm sure is fairly conservative to cover their a**.

I went back and forth on whether i wanted to go with a .5 spacer or go wider. I ended up ordering some 1.25" and 1.5" Boras. The 1.25s should be here in a week or so. Custom Offsets had the 1.5s in stock and shipped right away. I hope they work, but if they end up rubbing ill probably sell them and try to find something around the .5" thickness and see if i like them. My main goal is to get my tires to not rub on my control arms at full lock, I am not too worried about the looks or stance of the truck.

Another option would order custom width from http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ you can order by the mm and you could figure out the thickness to get proper engagement.

Hope this helps a little.

1574521634369.png

SColang22

Reaction score
I have been doing some reading on spacers lately and I believe i was under the understanding that 6-8 turns was good for half ton trucks. I was trying to dig up where i found that info, but much success. I did find this on tire rack which I'm sure is fairly conservative to cover their a**.

I went back and forth on whether i wanted to go with a .5 spacer or go wider. I ended up ordering some 1.25" and 1.5" Boras. The 1.25s should be here in a week or so. Custom Offsets had the 1.5s in stock and shipped right away. I hope they work, but if they end up rubbing ill probably sell them and try to find something around the .5" thickness and see if i like them. My main goal is to get my tires to not rub on my control arms at full lock, I am not too worried about the looks or stance of the truck.

Another option would order custom width from http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ you can order by the mm and you could figure out the thickness to get proper engagement.

Hope this helps a little.

View attachment 40445
That’s what I saw too. Read 6-8 turns was okay. I may just got back to the 1/4 in and deal with the minor rubbing at full lock. Never really noticed it till I rotated the tires anyway. I have 35/12.5 and they rubbed on the back side of the wheel well with 2” spacers pretty good so I was worried the 1.5” would still rub and from what I’m seeing the 1.25 will require you to trim you stock lugs. Let me know how it goes

Penny

Reaction score
I went with 1.25 based on a few owners even running 1" spacers with studs. I don't know if all wheels have it but the OEM 22" sport rims have reliefs in the back that the studs fit into allowing you to not have to cut the studs. Worst case, if it doesn't work, i may have to trim a little of the stud i guess. As long as they work inside the wheel well and don't hit my UCAs ill be happy.

SColang22

Reaction score
I went with 1.25 based on a few owners even running 1" spacers with studs. I don't know if all wheels have it but the OEM 22" sport rims have reliefs in the back that the studs fit into allowing you to not have to cut the studs. Worst case, if it doesn't work, i may have to trim a little of the stud i guess. As long as they work inside the wheel well and don't hit my UCAs ill be happy.
True. I have 20s. Well let me know if they run and that might by my way to go

LNDRCKT

Reaction score
I’m running 1.5” spacers and 35x12.5”x20 tires on the stock 20” wheels. I did have to heat up the inner fender well liners so stop the rubbing. There was plenty of room for the studs in the pockets on the back side of the wheels so I didn’t need to trim anything.

SColang22

Reaction score
I’m running 1.5” spacers and 35x12.5”x20 tires on the stock 20” wheels. I did have to heat up the inner fender well liners so stop the rubbing. There was plenty of room for the studs in the pockets on the back side of the wheels so I didn’t need to trim anything.
What lift do you have? I’m hitting on the little deflector thing on the bottom of back side of the wheel

LNDRCKT

Reaction score
You can bend the metal piece behind that plastic part to give you more clearance. Heat and collapse the plastic piece also. This gave me enough room.

Users who are viewing this thread