5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Spacer clarification

PDiddy

Reaction score
I want to push my stock wheels out so the tires are close to flush with the fenders. From what I can gather from this Forum is, one, I need to 1/4 wider spacer for the rear wheels. And two, I think I would need 1 1/4" up front and 1 1/2" in the rear to make them flush. I am not totally sure about the width of the spacer to make them flush. I am running stock Ram 18" Rebel wheels and 275/70 R18 General Grabber ATX tires. Does anyone have any experience or images of flush setup similar to this? I am planning on going with Bora spacers. Thanks IMG_3305.JPEG

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with 1.5" all around. Bora
275/60r20 generals atx
I don't think i got a good picture showing how flush or a bit outside these are but here you go
Others have gone with 1.25 and
@HSKR R/T is running a nice set up as well.
I think he went 3/4" front and 1" in the back or the opposite.
His are on 20's on 34's
Think you gotta trim studs with his set up
IMO anything from 3/4" to 1.5 improves the look

Attachments

• 20220109_125843.jpg
    20220109_125843.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 113
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 113
  • 20220611_123609.jpg
    20220611_123609.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 113

PDiddy

Reaction score
I went with 1.5" all around. Bora
275/60r20 generals atx
I don't think i got a good picture showing how flush or a bit outside these are but here you go
Others have gone with 1.25 and
@HSKR R/T is running a nice set up as well.
I think he went 3/4" front and 1" in the back or the opposite.
His are on 20's on 34's
Think you gotta trim studs with his set up
IMO anything from 3/4" to 1.5 improves the look
Thanks for the reply. your truck looks real nice. I'm looking to do flush or just inside the fender. So I am guessing the 1" to 1.24" will be best. I am going to use a level and tape measure to figure out what I need. I thought I might get more images of my tire size with some spacers, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen. I don't think it is as common as I thought.

Thanks again.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. your truck looks real nice. I'm looking to do flush or just inside the fender. So I am guessing the 1" to 1.24" will be best. I am going to use a level and tape measure to figure out what I need. I thought I might get more images of my tire size with some spacers, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen. I don't think it is as common as I thought.

Thanks again.
As mentioned, on my Built to Serve, even with the factory 275/55/20 tires, after trial and error, I found 3/4" front and 1" rear spacers made the sidewall of tires just flush with the fender flares. If you have different width tires the spacers will need to be different.

PDiddy

Reaction score
As mentioned, on my Built to Serve, even with the factory 275/55/20 tires, after trial and error, I found 3/4" front and 1" rear spacers made the sidewall of tires just flush with the fender flares. If you have different width tires the spacers will need to be different.
Yeah we have the same width so I should be good with 3/4" and 1".

Mketch

Reaction score
I purchased 3/4” and 1” Bora spacers on the 4th after reading one of HSKR R/T’s earlier posts. I plan on running 295s though but I wanted to have them on hand if didn’t have enough backspace for my lift. Tracking shows them arriving on the 21st, so 18 days from ordered to arriving. Still waiting on my truck to be delivered to the dealership though. Got all my parts ready. If you don’t get spacers in the next week or two I’ll sell you mine at a discount if I don’t end up using them.

PDiddy

Reaction score
I purchased 3/4” and 1” Bora spacers on the 4th after reading one of HSKR R/T’s earlier posts. I plan on running 295s though but I wanted to have them on hand if didn’t have enough backspace for my lift. Tracking shows them arriving on the 21st, so 18 days from ordered to arriving. Still waiting on my truck to be delivered to the dealership though. Got all my parts ready. If you don’t get spacers in the next week or two I’ll sell you mine at a discount if I don’t end up using them.
That sounds good. I am in no rush to buy them, so I can wait for yours.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks again.
thanks, I do see more 20's in here than 18" but wonder if you can find some pics in the rebel sub forum

Users who are viewing this thread