5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel / Rim help PLEASE

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
I own a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 2 wd. I put an old set of 22" wheels on my truck and have had multiple people comment on how horrendous it looks. I have no intention of lifting or dropping the truck. I would also like to stay with a 22" wheel or maybe drop down to a 20" wheel with factory tire size. I don't really care for black rims. I also have a lot of chrome on the truck. Can you guys please give me some affordable suggestions for wheels? I'm an old guy and need help with today's trends. Thank you in advance. mine.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sadly I suck when it comes to choosing wheels lol. The only thing I can tell you is that that we have the same bolt pattern as GMC and Chevy so look into Craigslist for factory takeoffs.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Also what wheels did you have on there before you put those 22” ones on ?

PorBoy

Reaction score
I had those same ugly wheels also. I didn’t mind that they were 18” just they needed beefier tires and definitely other wheels. Most of the nicer wheels come at a cost which is why I suggested takeoffs or possibly copies of what came on other trucks. It really depends on what you consider affordable. Knowing the cost per wheel that you are willing to spend will go a long way in helping us to help you. :)

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^. Now those I like, what size tires are you running ?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Just make sure the offset is correct, if its not the tires may look like theyre tucked too far under the truck giving it an odd look.

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
I found these wheels. Any thoughts on how they would look on a non sport truck with as much chrome as mine has? They are only $208 a wheel in 20" and $254 in 22" Also I'm really considering going down to a 20" wheel size. With a 22" wheel in stock tire size 285/45/22. The truck pretty much loses all capability as a rugged truck. For example cant speed over railroad tracks, Always watching for crater sized potholes. Can't jump curbs. any thoughts??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Ram-1...=item23b685919f:g:RjIAAOSwHVdcbCwH:rk:24:pf:0

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 11

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^^. I believe those wheels that you’ve posted are stock Sport wheels. So if that is the case, you could easily run them...

Users who are viewing this thread