5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel pulls to the right at slow speeds. Ideas??

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So before I go trying to have a shop or the dealer figure this out, I'm hoping one of you who is smarter than I am (it doesn't take much) can figure this one out. So on my 2023 Laramie, when I am traveling at slow speeds from about 5mph to 10mph, my steering wheel pulls itself hard to the right. Once I get above those speeds, the truck tracks straight with no issues. My tire pressures are all equal at 40psi, I just had my alignment checked which was off just a bit, but it was doing this issue before that and still doing it. It's driving me insane. Does anyone else truck do something similar? Any fixes to it? I don't know exactly where to start if this is an abnormal thing that's happening with just my truck.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my steering wheel pulls itself hard to the right
So it is actually fighting you and trying to turn to the right or is it hard to turn to the left?
Either way, if it only happens from 5-10 mph, it sounds like an electronic problem with the variable power assist.
I take it that you already tried rotating the tires.

Last edited:

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So it is actually fighting you and trying to turn to the right or is it hard to turn to the left?
Either way, if it only happens from 5-10 mph, it sounds like an electronic problem with the variable power assist.
I take it that you already tried rotating the tires.
I haven’t rotated since I had these new tires put on, which was less than a week ago. But it was doing it with my previous set of tires as well.

The wheel isn’t fighting me, I can easily pull it back left, I just have to hold it left or I’m going back to the right if I’m still going those slow speeds.

Majortom

Reaction score
Do you have Lane Keeping Assist? If so, try turning that off to see if it keeps doing it.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is strange.
I experience a slight pull occasionally but not just at a specific speed range.
Chalk it up to road conditions.

79 300

Reaction score
A sticking brake caliper can cause the pulling. Feel your wheels after a drive and if one is unusually hot it is a sure sign of a brake dragging.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A sticking brake caliper can cause the pulling. Feel your wheels after a drive and if one is unusually hot it is a sure sign of a brake dragging.
That crossed my mind. I’ll have to feel around next time I drive to see if anything seems hotter on that side.

Users who are viewing this thread