5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel and tire shop in socal

Huskymush

Reaction score
Does anyone know a reputable wheel and tire shop in socal? Went to my go to spot for years and they ended up just sending me away without helping me out. I just got new wheels put on and since they are 18" the clearance between the caliper and wheel barrel is very tight and is knocking off wheel weights. Already brought my truck back to the place they were installed and they fall off shortly after installation. Any help or ideas would be great.

NJC1684

Reaction score
Does anyone know a reputable wheel and tire shop in socal? Went to my go to spot for years and they ended up just sending me away without helping me out. I just got new wheels put on and since they are 18" the clearance between the caliper and wheel barrel is very tight and is knocking off wheel weights. Already brought my truck back to the place they were installed and they fall off shortly after installation. Any help or ideas would be great.

Use beads

TheMopars

Reaction score
Where in SoCal? Western Tire in Burbank is a quality tire shop but they don't do much aftermarket wheels.

Desert XJ

Reaction score
What brand of aftermarket wheel did you buy and what offset?
Knocking wheel weights off the front is common with certain brand/offset 18" wheels without grinding a little bit of the casting edge off the calipers.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any Discount Tire/American Tire shop. They have the best consistency of service and quality from any shops I've been to. Even brand new vehicles, I always get their lifetime rotate & balance package along with road hazard on my tires, which I did for my Rebel's Duratracs. For a little over $100, it's far cheaper than the any service shop and protects my pricey tires from road hazards.

Call your local Discount / American Tires and tell them what's going on, they can probably place them in an alternative position. Just recently our old Lexus chrome wheels were pealing on the bead and losing air. They had a sealing technique to prevent it from happening and didn't even charge us.

Huskymush

Reaction score
What brand of aftermarket wheel did you buy and what offset?
Knocking wheel weights off the front is common with certain brand/offset 18" wheels without grinding a little bit of the casting edge off the calipers.
I bought 18x10 fuel trophy wheels in a -12 offset. The problem is that the have a lip so the spacing for the caliper is a bit tighter and closer to the middle of the wheel than normal.

Desert XJ

Reaction score
I bought 18x10 fuel trophy wheels in a -12 offset. The problem is that the have a lip so the spacing for the caliper is a bit tighter and closer to the middle of the wheel than normal.
Is it just a the wheel weights hitting? They can be moved closer to the center line of the wheel and still balance. Every manufacturer has a little bit different tolerances in their machining.
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater if you already have the wheels. You can ditch the exterior weights and use beads but my experience is they don't balance as well in less than 37" tires. You already have a -12 offset so the clearance must be really close. I shaved less than a 1/16 of an inch off my front calipers to clear my first set of 18s with +12 offset without any issue. Something maybe to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online