5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel and tire question...again...

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here we go again. I know, I know, go through the sticky's, do a search, etc etc. And I have, I promise I have.
There are so many different results. I tried to find something similar to my situation, and with all of that research, on paper it seems it would fit.
But having had a bad experience with Discounted Wheel Warehouse a few years ago, I just don't know.
That, and just trying to find a wheel that says something to me.
I must've changed my mind a couple dozen times, but I think I finally found the wheel that I really like.
Would think this setup is not too aggressive. At least I hope. Want to keep it pretty flush as possible.
A lot of road miles will be had with this setup.
To all that clicks this post, I seek the wisdom of this hailed forum full of gurus...please tell me if this will fit or not! Return shipping from Hawaii sucks!!!

Thank you!

20x9 +12 offset 87.10 bore 275/65/20 BFG All Terrain TA/KO2's

1644996064794.png 1644996112115.png

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, my opinion is you’ll be fine. 275 is stock width, and with a +12 offset wheel, you’re only 7mm further outboard than stock wheels. That’s a hair over 1/4”.

Take a look at your current wheels and tires: would you like the look/stance if they moved out a 1/4”? It’ll bring you that much closer to flush, and definitely not poking out or aggressive. You’ll probably be slightly tucked in the wheel well still; again, it’s just a 7mm difference.

And since you raised the front, I don’t think you’ll have trouble clearing a 34” tire.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think size wise, you'll be fine. I've got 33's on mine (Rebel take-offs) and I've got plenty of clearance so I don't think an extra 1/2" radius would cause an issue. I think most people start running into problems when the increase diameter AND width.

As for the wheel. As long as the bolt pattern is correct, you should be okay, but I'd recommend a set of hub centric rings. The hub is 77.8 mm so you'll have a bit of a gap with the bore on those wheels. It's not a huge gap (roughly 3/16"), but I'd recommend the rings to keep everything nice and snug. They're cheap and they just slip on. Don't confuse them with a wheel spacer, all they do it adapt the diameter of the hub to match the wheel.

Here's an example set I found doing a quick search:
rings.jpg

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the info, guys.
My stock 18’s sit just inside the fender lip, so I’ll be fine with the wheels out a tad further.
The wheel order will come with the appropriate hub centric rings, so am good there.
Now all I need to do is pull the trigger. Shipping quote was around 460, so an additional 115 per wheel, technically…ugh. At least it’s 2nd Day Air, so it would most definitely arrive before my tires, which I would order locally. Decisions, decisions, decision…🤦🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread