5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel and Tire Downsizing Help Please

22ram1500LaramieAWD

Reaction score
Was trying to move from 22 inch to 18 inch wheels. Found wheels with offsets within 1 mm and new 18in tire diameter was within 3% of the old 22in.

Had them installed and glad I didn't have music on too loud and didn't get too far, but had to turn around and return them because there was rubbing on the front brake caliper on the tire weights and also rubbing on the control arm mainly on the front.

Ram parts guy suggested if moving down from 22s to get an offset closer to 0 (from the current +19) and that he would probably go with 20 inch wheels although 18 could work but might not know until they are installed.

Anyone run into this and figure out a way to make 18s work without spacers or grinding the control arm (wouldn't ever do this)? 1000010965.jpg

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use the OEM 18”?;) Sorry, aftermarket 18”s need to be confirmed for brake fit on Ram DTs.

22ram1500LaramieAWD

Reaction score
What about control arm? Ram tire pro I spoke to said I would have to move to an 18 inch 0 offset wheel from the 19 mm offset on the current 22s. Don't want to follow the wrong advice again like I did the first time around.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What about control arm? Ram tire pro I spoke to said I would have to move to an 18 inch 0 offset wheel from the 19 mm offset on the current 22s. Don't want to follow the wrong advice again like I did the first time around.
I would look in the wheel sticky thread at what the offset is for the oem 18”s. Or call a wheel shop that you want to use and ask what offset they have used on DTs. You shouldn’t be having this much trouble unless you’re trying to go to a very wide tire on a large backspace wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread