5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats up ppl

6ixgodson

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive recently purchased a '20 ram longhorn ecodiesel, patriot blue. Very happy with my purchase accept for the HK stereo system. Treble and mid are superb, it sounds crisp and clean, the bass however I feel is lacking terribly. So juat wondering if anyone feels the same way. Im planning to install an aftermarket alpine amp, 2 6.5 inch jl w3v3 subs, and of course a lc2i loc. Ive done plenty system in the past but none with a noise reduction system. Was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram of the HK amp. It would greatlh appreciated.

redneck

Reaction score
i have read some have had their amp reprogramed by the dealer & then it sounded much better have you tried that 1st? the 2 trucks i test drove with the hk system would shake the mirrors at 1/2 volume or less

myles

Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you. Ended up getting a JL audio 12" microsub+ which is an all in one sub/amp combo. I just spliced into the existing sub for a signal. I cut the box down and it fit behind the rear seat. Very happy with how it turned out. they also have a 10" & 8" model if the 12 is too much.

edit: you can also replace the door 6x9 with CDT subs, added a bit of bass for about $250

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread