5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's this in my cabin ceiling?

mjpep

Reaction score
I was changing the cargo light bulbs and saw this orange thing. It seems to be metal coated in high vis orange rubber. Its long, goes toward the from of the cabin at an angle and has limited movement forward and backward.
20220711_174006.jpg
20220711_174010.jpg

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's the thing-a-ma-bob, (or is it jig) they are always talking about.

(I have no idea)

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That makes me want to remove my 3rd brake to see if I have something like that. Alas, I don't currently have a leak there so no point in undoing what the factory finally got right :sneaky:

jimchi

Reaction score
In my other cars the FM antenna cable is that orange color. Maybe there was a bit extra so they made it a little loop. Does it go to the sharkfin?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have e torque by chance?

That color wire is usually reserved to indicate high voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does t look like a wire or cable to me. Looks like it was bent and the coated. If it was a cable bent like that there would be wrinkles in the insulation

mjpep

Reaction score
In my other cars the FM antenna cable is that orange color. Maybe there was a bit extra so they made it a little loop. Does it go to the sharkfin?
It's like a handle, def not a wire. It's long and metal.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's exactly what it seems like, it's 2-3 feet long but I cannot get it out. It occasionally makes a metal clang sound if I hit a large bump while driving.
Might need to drop the headliner to release the tension, maybe you can access it better

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since the consensus (and more description) seems to indicate it's a tool, if you're under warranty, just have the dealership drop the headliner.

I'd also push back a bit if they deny it: it seems like a manufacturing tool got left behind. Ram would be responsible, regardless of warranty length (IMO).

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Since the consensus (and more description) seems to indicate it's a tool, if you're under warranty, just have the dealership drop the headliner.

I'd also push back a bit if they deny it: it seems like a manufacturing tool got left behind. Ram would be responsible, regardless of warranty length (IMO).
Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread